Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Watch Shipments Already Out to June

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Watch Shipments Already Out to June

Fewer than 12 hours ago, preorders commenced for Apple's inaugural smartwatch, the long-awaited Apple Watch, which officially goes on sale April 24th.

For the first few hours of preordering, as far as we can tell, shipping estimates returned with preorders put home delivery or in-store pick-up dates at April 24th. But that all began to change as the morning went on.

Based on numerous reader tips and notifications, some models are now showing shipping timeframes of June.

Of course, Apple had warned us ahead of today's kick-off to preorders that supplies would likely not keep up with demand, but the fact that May has already been bypassed with shipping times out to June, it seems that either supplies are far more restricted than we thought, or demand is far greater than Apple anticipated.

All told, more than three dozen models of Apple Watch are set for launch in nine countries two weeks from now. But if supplies continue to fall so short of demand, it may not come as a surprise if Apple temporarily halts preorders. That's purely speculative, but it doesn't seem completely unrealistic at this point either.

Source: Apple

Although I will not be participating in buying an Apple watch, it is exciting to see how the reactions will be when put up against other competitors smart watches.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Watch Shipments Already Out to June
    My order went through at 3:10 EST and I already had 4-6 week delivery. I guess the 42mm space grey was popular.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by repoman16 View Post
    Although I will not be participating in buying an Apple watch, it is exciting to see how the reactions will be when put up against other competitors smart watches.
    BS

The actual ship date would push it to around Google I/O 2015. By that time Moto 360 Version 2 and Samsung's new round Smart watch with some premium like finish will be announced.. what would actually be funny is if they are released before some people who preordered their Apple Watch actually receive their orders! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    My order went through at 3:10 EST and I already had 4-6 week delivery. I guess the 42mm space grey was popular.
    Exact same thing for me. I thought it was because I was ordering from Canada but I was ordering the 42mm space grey too. It's probably the most popular model and they probably already had a shortage of those.

I guess I'm gonna have to go with the Edition model :P

7. The Following User Says Thank You to charliebee For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    That's about the same for my friends and I, we all ordered the same watch...so excited can't wait...
    Who's Next...GO BLUE!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to teddy2789 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-04-11)

It's not because of demand. It's a PR game they have to play.

Apple Watch sells out fast, and not because of strong demand - MarketWatch