Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 & New Photos App Will Reportedly Become Available to the Public Today

Default OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Will Reportedly Become Available to the Public Today

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 with its all-new Photos application for OS X, the updated Emoji picker with skin tone modifiers, and improvements to Google account authentication among various bug fixes and performance improvements will reportedly make its way to the public on Wednesday.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 has been in a long long of both developer and Public Beta Program beta releases for a long while, with a seventh beta having been released to both channels just six days ago. Today's official public release, as noted by Associated Press, officially brings the operating system update out of its beta stages and into a public update stage.

Photos for OS X 10.10.3 completely replaces iPhoto and the Aperture application for Mac OS X, so it's recommended that you prepare your photo library for the update, as Apple suggested in an e-mail sent out one month ago. While photos can be transferred, effects saved from the earlier applications are non-transferable.

When available, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 will be waiting under the Updates tab in the Mac App Store application and will be a free upgrade for everyone. Stay tuned for more!

Sources: Associated Press

10.10.3 may replace iPhoto, but doesn't mean you HAVE to prepare your library IF you use Aperture. As long as Im still able to sync my photos from my iPhone with photo stream, I will continue to use Aperture.