Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Apple Watch Walk-In Purchases Allowed When Launched on April 24th

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No Apple Watch Walk-In Purchases Allowed When Launched on April 24th

It has been reported that Apple will not be offering purchasing of the Apple Watch for walk-in customers when the device launches on April 24th. Many have been wondering how the company would be handing sales of the wearable device, as leaks have also been released in the last few weeks regarding the Apple Watch. Beginning April 10th, presale of the wearable device will start while the first deliveries will be shipping out on April 24th. Customers will be able to try on the device and test out the smartwatch within the two week available time frame.

Customers will have to make a “Product Reservation” online if they want to reserve a certain Apple Watch model in-store. The ‘Product Reservation system is new and will replace the ‘Personal Pickup’ system for the Apple Watch. According to reports, Apple noted that “if a customer walks in and wants to purchase a watch, offer the option to try on a watch. Then help them place an order online or through the Apple Store app." This means that customers looking to just walk-in on April 24th to purchase an Apple Watch will not be able to do so, and instead will have to make an online reservation first.

Reports noted that the Cupertino-based company will most likely offer walk-in purchases sometime later down the line, when everything is a bit more settled and the first wave of demand is over. Are you disappointed? Share your thoughts with us in the section below.

Source: MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Naaah mine is coming by mail, no long lines for me this time. If I can pre-order it good... if not, good too.

So when they see that the general public see little point of a smart watch how quickly will Apple do a u turn and put a positive spin on it?

I was kind of expecting this anyway so no great shock. I know what watch / band combination I want (or can afford) but I don't know what size, so after I try one on then I'll pre order one for delivery.

Jolly

And if you're not a watch person then no, you don't want or need one but as I do wear a watch, then having one that integrates with my phone makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by JollyRogger; 2015-03-30 at 10:18 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

I use a Fitbit...so I think I'll hold off on the iWatch until I'm certain it can DO the same thing's my Fitbit can do...from a Healthcare Point of View. Now gonna waste $349 if I don't have to.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    So when they see that the general public see little point of a smart watch how quickly will Apple do a u turn and put a positive spin on it?
    I think you will be eating those words very soon. This sports version(cheapest), will sell out and be in demand for some time.
    You remind me of the looming iPad days when people said no one would want that abomination! Five years later and millions of people use them every day, all day.

Thanks

I feel that the Apple Watch is the first Smart Watch worth buying. From what i have seen, it is going to offer everything that all other makers have at this time for functionality. Plus it comes with Apple's sexy design and OS. Sounds like a win win to me. I don't wear a watch but this may make me reconsider. Time will tell.