Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple CEO Lends Voice to Those Blasting New Indiana Law

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple CEO Lends Voice to Those Blasting New Indiana Law

Here in Indiana, it's a media and social powder-keg -- a new law (the "Religious Freedom Restoration Act") signed into effect yesterday by Governor Mike Pence that, to the bill's critics, allows Indiana businesses to openly discriminate, particularly against the gay community.

The law has drawn fire from across the U.S. As CNN reported earlier today, the measure that could conceivably "allow businesses to turn away gay and lesbian customers in the name of 'religious freedom'" has even left the NCAA "fretting ahead of next week's men's basketball Final Four in Indianapolis."

And now, among the powerful names in business and public service to lend his voice in opposition to the bill, is Apple CEO Tim Cook, who openly admitted in 2014 to being gay.

"Apple is open for everyone," Cook tweeted Friday. "We are deeply disappointed in Indiana's new law and calling on Arkansas Gov. to veto the similar #HB1228." Arkansas lawmakers are presently weighing the passage of a similar bill.

"Around the world, we strive to treat every customer the same regardless of where they come from, how they worship or who they love," Cook added in a follow-up tweet.

Sources: Twitter, CNN

I like that Tim stands up for what is right for humanity even though he is the CEO of Apple. I wish more executives were morally conscious like him.

"We are deeply disappointed in Indiana's new law"
    So it's ok to pass laws that force others to except your lifestyle, but people defending their religion is not allowed. Sounds like your not "open to all" as you claim.

No mention of the other 18 states that have their own version of this law. That it is also a federal law.
    Last edited by Cokeman; 2015-03-28 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    "We are deeply disappointed in Indiana's new law"
    So it's ok to pass laws that force others to except your lifestyle, but people defending their religion is not allowed. Sounds like your not "open to all" as you claim.

No mention of the other 18 states that have their own version of this law. That it is also a federal law.
    i think you meant "accept"

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
    I like that Tim stands up for what is right for humanity even though he is the CEO of Apple. I wish more executives were morally conscious like him.
    There is nothing moral about engaging in homosexual activity. This is merely society changing to become more and more outrageous as each year passes. Now we have "marriages" between multiple partners, people have married things like toasters. And I hear Facebook has 50 or more ways you can classify your sexual orientation?
    Last edited by exNavy; 2015-03-28 at 05:36 AM.
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    There is nothing moral about engaging in homosexual activity. This is merely society changing to become more and more outrageous as each year passes. Now we have "marriages" between multiple partners, people have married things like toasters. And I hear Facebook has 50 or more ways you can classify your sexual orientation?
    You claim to be a squid yet you don't support others having the right to live their lives?

Where in the US have we seen marriages to multiple partners or toasters? If you want to try to have any justification against this besides "the bible told me so", at least try to be credible with your argument.

Or perhaps we should return to America's traditional value, where interracial marriage was illegal, African Americans were enslaved and women couldn't vote.

The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.

Quote Originally Posted by onelifexv View Post
    Or perhaps we should return to America's traditional value, where interracial marriage was illegal, African Americans were enslaved and women couldn't vote.
    Actually these weren't American (as in that of the USA) values, but ideas that were established well before the American Revolution. When the USA was formed, it inherited most, if not all, of these preexisting ways of thinking and general culture.

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    Actually these weren't American (as in that of the USA) values, but ideas that were established well before the American Revolution. When the USA was formed, it inherited most, if not all, of these preexisting ways of thinking and general culture.
    Your right. American values have degraded considerably since.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
    Your right. American values have degraded considerably since.
    If I am reading your response correctly you support slavery, anti-suffragism, inequality, and oppose inter-racial marriage?

If so, seems you were born about 500 years too late.