Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Reserve and Pickup System to Debut in Stores for Apple Watch Launch

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Reserve and Pickup System to Debut in Stores for Apple Watch Launch

According to 9to5Mac, Apple will be setting up a new Reserve and Pickup system in Apple Retail Stores for the April 24th Apple Watch launch. Currently, the Cupertino-based company has a Personal Pickup system for their products in stores where customers can purchase online and just pick the item up. But it was noted that the one for the smartwatch will be different than the current one. Customers purchasing the Apple Watch will be able to reserve a band and case combination on the website and then try it on in retail stores before deciding if they want to purchase it.

This is a great system as some people may not like the device after trying it on and if thatís the case, there will be availability for the next person who actually wants to purchase it. Those who are interested in the smartwatch will be able to pre-order the device on April 10th, which has been confirmed by Apple. If you are on the fence, Apple will also have the devices on display in stores, so customers will be able to play around with it and try it out before it officially goes on sale.

Source: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2015-03-11 at 12:39 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I really want to pre-order, but I also don't know if I should get the 38mm or 42mm.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I really want to pre-order, but I also don't know if I should get the 38mm or 42mm.
    I think the general concensus is that, like most watches, the smaller face watch is for women or those with very small wrists whereas the large face is for men. But if you don't subscribe to such gender-specific ideas, then more power to you! Go try them and get what you want!

It's a tough call for preorder though because you would probably want to preorder the watch most likely to go out of stock faster in case you want to switch it out upon receipt of the watch. My guess is they'll make more of the 42mm, but that doesn't mean demand won't outpace it. Wouldn't want anyone to be "that guy" but you could always get both and rerturn one (or resale is demand is crazy)

I kinda think there won't be enough demend to kill all of the supply in the case of this product.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-03-11)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

If only they were the same price... I actually realized there's a 3d printer somewhere on campus, tough, so I might just hit it up and see what feels right.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

I would really like to try one on before I buy and or pre-order. Just so I can get a feel for it. I would think I would purchase the 42mm as my hands are quite large. I am thinking the sport model because I would get more practical use out of it. A dress watch would be nice but I would hardly wear it..not point there.