Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Watch Edition Purchasers Get An Extra Year of AppleCare Warranty

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Watch Edition Purchasers Get An Extra Year of AppleCare Warranty

After Apple’s recent ‘Spring Forward’ event, we know that the 18k gold Apple Watch Edition will start at $10,000 and will go as high as $17,000. The Cupertino-based company’s Apple Watch Sport however, will be at a much cheaper price starting at $349. Those purchasing the more expensive Apple Watch Edition should be happy to know that the company is offering an extra year of AppleCare warranty, along with two times the amount of hardware coverage as the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Sport lines.

Both the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Sport will have the same AppleCare warranty coverage, including one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days over the phone or online support. Those who want extended care for their wearable device can purchase the AppleCare+. The AppleCare+ will have as many as two incidents of accidental damage coverage (at a cost), as well as two years of technical support and hardware coverage. Apple has yet to announce the AppleCare+ price.

As for the Apple Watch Edition, two years of phone support and limited hardware coverage is included out of the box. That already, is one extra year of hardware coverage and two year of phone support (as opposed to 90 days). We will update everyone on how much the AppleCare+ will cost for the devices when Apple announces it.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

A Gold watch??? For 10,000 to 17,000...Only for the stars..i guess...I smell marketing scheme ;appeal to the stars the crowd will follow what the stars wear... and will buy the cheaper 350$ 1...but imhp If i had that kind of money i would pay Rolex to custom make me a smartwatch.