Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple is 'Exclusive' Launch Partner for HBO Now

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple is 'Exclusive' Launch Partner for HBO Now

The rumor mill got it right.

This morning, in the official kick-off to Apple's "Spring Forward" media event, Apple was confirmed as the "exclusive" launch partner for HBO Now.

The CEO of HBO, Richard Plepler, took the stage this morning in San Francisco to herald that HBO Now will debut in early April for $14.99 a month. What makes the streaming service unique is that it is available to consumers without a cable television subscription.

HBO Now will be available for streaming on all Apple devices and there will be a dedicated channel on Apple TV (the price of which was lowered to $69 today, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook).

There was no confirmation of when HBO Now might be available for streaming on other platforms. For now, it's an Apple exclusive.

Stay with MMi for more news fresh from the Moscone Center at this morning's media event.

Source: Apple

...providing Comcast doesn't block the traffic, or otherwise kill your internet to avoid competition...

I think it's a good idea. I spend about $8 each on Hulu and and netflix. One gets me many shows, including cable shows, that air currently while the other gets mew a slew of older shows in their entirty, including some not otherwise available in the US, and some decnet older movies. Adding $15 for HBO to get more current movies and great original HBO series will round out my content pretty well.

So in total my content cost is about $30/mo and actually provides more content than I would be interested in seeing from traditional cable at a much lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    ...providing Comcast doesn't block the traffic, or otherwise kill your internet to avoid competition...
    This is exactly why we need net neutrality regulations.