Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Releases Jennifer Lawrence's Upcoming Film 'Serena' 3 Weeks in Advance

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes Releases Jennifer Lawrence's Upcoming Film 'Serena' 3 Weeks in Advance

Those who are movie lovers should know that Jennifer Lawrence has an upcoming movie titled ‘Serena.’ The film is scheduled to hit United States movie theaters on March 27th, which is still three weeks away. However, ‘Serena’ was spotted being listed on Apple’s iTunes Store today for $9.99 for Lawrence fans to rent in HD quality. It was noted that Google Play also listed it so Android users can enjoy the new film as well.

Similar to the movie Lawrence won an Oscar for, ‘Silver Linings Playbook’, ‘Serena’ stars Lawrence and Bradley Cooper as the lead couple. The film dates back to the Great Depression and takes place in North Carolina. Although you may be thinking that renting a movie for practically $10 is a lot of money, bear in mind that you are watching it three weeks in advance. You can just pretend you are paying for movie tickets, the only difference being you can actually watch it more than once if you wanted to.

According to the iTunes Store,

Watch Now Before It’s In Theaters. George and Serena Pemberton (Oscar nominee Bradley Cooper and Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence) are love-struck newlyweds building a business empire. Serena proves herself to be equal to any man: overseeing loggers, hunting rattle-snakes, even saving a man’s life in the wilderness. With power and influence now in their hands, the Pembertons refuse to let anyone stand in the way of their inflated love and ambitions. But their passionate whirlwind romance is threatened by demons from their pasts, forcing the couple to reckon with blackmail, jealousy and murder in this ravishing period film directed by Oscar winner Susanne Bier.
    We wonder if Apple will be doing this more often, just like what they did with musical albums in the past as well. If you are interested in renting ‘Serena’, click on our source link below.
    Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

If you were planning to see the movie with more than one person this is a great deal. Also you can buy and eat a real meal for the same price you would pay for popcorn and a soda. My wife and I are not big moviegoers. We prefer to enjoy a movie at home, which is bad news if we want to see anything new. I’d gladly pay $20-30 to rent a movie new to theaters to be able to watch at home.

The only time I want to watch a movie on the big screen is for big action movies, because then it really adds to the movie experience. For everything else it just doesn’t make sense when you think about it.

- You have to see a movie on their timetable.
    - You have to drive to the theater: more time wasted
    - You are paying a lot, then crazy prices if you want anything to eat/drink
    - You’re sitting in some funky chairs to 2 hours that others have sat/sweated/who knows what in
    - You have to watch the movie with a bunch of strangers, some of whom are talking and interrupting
    - Don’t forget about the potential bedbug issues some theaters have!
    - You can’t pause to go to the bathroom, so you have to suffer or miss out

Yep, I’ll pay a few bucks more (or essentially the same amount) to watch at home and avoid all that mess!

I would say this is a great deal even if you are watching it yourself. Hello? You're in the comfort of your own home not sitting near some dope who won't stop talking, or playing with his cell phone, paying jacked up prices for food not to mention being able to eat a pizza or some other forbidden food while viewing, etc. etc. etc.

But based on the tomatometer and reviews I'll pass anyway.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2015-03-07 at 04:03 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not a big deal considering this movie came out 6 months ago in so many other territories.
    Studios make their big money from Cinema Box-office, not from iTunes sales, or DVD Sales. They are not gonna abandon that model where they can get 75% of the Cinema ticket price for each viewer for a single viewing, versus a one off payment equating to at most three tickets that could be viewed by so many more.