Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Apple Watch Wins an Award Before Product Even Launches

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Apple Watch Wins an Award Before Product Even Launches

The Apple Watch has been receiving a ton of attention recently, from being featured on magazine covers worldwide to competitors releasing their smartwatches at an attempt to compete with Apple. Now, new reports are saying that the highly anticipated Apple Watch has been given top honors at the 2015 iF Design Awards. This competition dates back sixty-one to 1954 and is an annual industrial design competition.

There were only two products in the telecommunications category and the Apple Watch was one of which that won a gold award. It was announced in Munich, at the International Forumís awards gala. In Product discipline, which is the biggest iF award that covers items like medical devices, kitchen equipment, computers, smartphones, vehicles, tableware, bathroom products, etc. there were 3,200 other competitive designs.

Products in this category were evaluated based on workmanship, degree of innovation, design quality, functionality, choice of materials, visualization for use, environmental friendliness, safety, universal design, and branding and brand value. According to the jury,

The idea of combining classic materials such as leather and metal with state-of-the-art technology to create a very individual fashion accessory has resulted in a delightful product offering a holistic user experience. The Apple Watch scores highly for each design detail and is an altogether extraordinary piece of design. For us, it is already an icon.
    Are you looking forward to purchasing the highly anticipated wearable device? What function are you looking forward to the most? Share with us in the comments below.

Source: iF Design

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

wanna bet shamesunk will copy exactly 90% of all what contains inside apple watch?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Space grey for me... I wonder if they are going to sell them by pre-orders or the same day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm just not sold since it's going to be hard to do sleep tracking on a device that has to be charged daily. I'm sick of Apple not putting more into extending battery life on it's devices!