Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taylor Swift Releases First '1989' Bonus Track on iTunes, 2 More to Follow

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Taylor Swift Releases First '1989' Bonus Track on iTunes, 2 More to Follow

Popular artist Taylor Swift has recently announced via Twitter that she would be making bonus tracks to her ‘1989’ album available on the iTunes store. Her first bonus track titled ‘Wonderland’ was released on February 16th, and she noted that there would be two more on the way. The next two tracks are titled ‘You Are In Love’ and ‘New Romantics.’

Swift’s ‘1989’ bonus tracks were made available previously in a deluxe version of the album sold at Target exclusively and in certain countries outside of the U.S. However, iTunes marks the first digital storefront that has the popular singer’s bonus tracks.

Swift had reportedly removed all songs from popular streaming service Spotify right after the release of ‘1989’. Apparently, she wanted fair compensation from streaming music services for artists. She did not however, remove any of her content from Apple’s Beats streaming service.

Apple has definitely been trying to focus some of its attention on the music industry as the company has been releasing iTunes exclusive albums. Back in 2013 when Beyoncé released her album “Beyoncé” on iTunes exclusively, it was Apple's fastest selling album ever. Then there were reports claiming Jimmy Iovine was trying to score iTunes exclusive deals with artists like Nicki Minaj, Gwen Stefani, and Pharrell among others.

Just last week Drake released iTunes exclusive ‘If Youre Reading This Its Too Late’, a surprise mix tape album and now Taylor Swift is releasing ‘1989’ bonus tracks. What is Apple not capable of? If you are interested, head on over to iTunes to download Swift’s first bonus track and sit tight for her other two tracks.

Source: Twitter via Taylor Swift

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Taylor Swift Releases First '1989' Bonus Track on iTunes, 2 More to Follow
    I already have those tracks. Why is this new news?? I'm confused...

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw these on Google Play last night too... I'm not sure these are exclusive.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I already have those tracks. Why is this new news?? I'm confused...
    Same here. People can say what they will about Taylor Swift, but as a person who used to get annoyed by her, I think this is a fantastic pop record. Wonderland is actually my favorite track. I didn't realize it was a bonus track, and I'm disappointed it's not on the vinyl.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    Same here. People can say what they will about Taylor Swift, but as a person who used to get annoyed by her, I think this is a fantastic pop record. Wonderland is actually my favorite track. I didn't realize it was a bonus track, and I'm disappointed it's not on the vinyl.
    Idk...I'm thinking Wildest Dreams FTW!