Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Munster Says Apple's Car Ambitions Could Be $50B Revenue Opportunity

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Munster Says Apple's Car Ambitions Could Be $50B Revenue Opportunity

If you believe Apple is going to enter to the automotive market, you may want to hang on to those shares of AAPL.

That's one logical conclusion following a round of new rumor-filled reports that Apple may soon (but not too soon) become a car maker.

But just how likely is that possibility? Piper Jaffray analyst and resident Apple watcher Gene Munster has published some thoughts on that prospect, leading to more speculation about Apple's long-term product and business models.

"While we believe Apple can do both a TV and a car, it seems far more likely that we get a TV from Apple in the next five years than a car,” Munster is quoted by Fortune. Nonetheless, should Apple go the car route, it could be a $50 billion revenue opportunity in the U.S. market.

Whether or not we ever see "Apple Car" will remain a hotly debated issue for some time. But unless Apple does something to dispel the chatter, expect it to not only continue but intensify as time goes on.

Source: Fortune

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If Foxconn can go into robot business why not Apple to car?
    But Apple will have a lot of lawsuits against it if it tries, there is a lot of patents for electric vehicles.
    If Apple can patent square shape with round corners, can you imagine what the patent holders for electric vehicles have?

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    If Foxconn can go into robot business why not Apple to car?
    But Apple will have a lot of lawsuits against it if it tries, there is a lot of patents for electric vehicles.
    If Apple can patent square shape with round corners, can you imagine what the patent holders for electric vehicles have?
    I’ll still pass though thanks. I’d not buy an Apple car in the same way I wouldn’t buy a Mercedes or BMW computer. How tacky.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

rickuk (2015-02-16)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    I’ll still pass though thanks. I’d not buy an Apple car in the same way I wouldn’t buy a Mercedes or BMW computer. How tacky.
    I wouldn't buy it either, and I would not buy iWatch as well.
    The way Apple run their business...
    I want a car to last, don't want Apple to stop update after a couple of years like they do with phones to force you to "upgrade".
    Plus I am having more and more problem with Apple iOS, not sure if it is because of iPhone 6+ but there is so many bugs in there I know Jobs would not allow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

rickuk (2015-02-16)

I gotta say I agree. I wish I hadn’t but I’ve fallen out of love with Apple lately.

Exclamation Hopefully, they WILL NOT get into the car business!
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I wouldn't buy it either, and I would not buy iWatch as well.
    The way Apple run their business...
    I want a car to last, don't want Apple to stop update after a couple of years like they do with phones to force you to "upgrade".
    Plus I am having more and more problem with Apple iOS, not sure if it is because of iPhone 6+ but there is so many bugs in there I know Jobs would not allow.
    God forbid that Apple goes into the car business. For the last several years (after Steve Jobs died), Apple has been introducing more problems within its operating systems. Not only that but the quality of its hardware has diminished considerably as well. Knowing the fact that your phone can bend, do you feel comfortable about this? That the battery will split in half and cause 3rd degree burns on your leg?

I don't know Steve Jobs personally, but didn't he separate the hardware folks and the software folks? You know, from a design standpoint? I think the people that designed the software for the iPhone got the hardware and tested the software ACCURATELY. But the hardware folks could not criticize the software design and vice versa.

Now is just a little bit of a mess there. The hardware guys are part of the software and vice versa, resulting in pressure from management saying which way are we supposed to go? We have less than a year! Hurry Up!

This results in a lot of bugs that may not ever be fixed. Whatever it is, I am still keeping my iPhone since I was a loyal customer. Now, they are messing up again.

i guess I'm the only one not having a problem with any apple device, but even I wouldn't buy an apple car. I can only doubt that they would be able to treat their cars, the way they treat their phones. i mean that in the upgrading sense. its a whole different level, they wouldn't do that. they can't do that. but I'm sure the electronics would always be synced to new music being downloaded and apps without ever having to sync.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    i guess I'm the only one not having a problem with any apple device, but even I wouldn't buy an apple car. I can only doubt that they would be able to treat their cars, the way they treat their phones. i mean that in the upgrading sense. its a whole different level, they wouldn't do that. they can't do that. but I'm sure the electronics would always be synced to new music being downloaded and apps without ever having to sync.
    Technically they can...
    Toyota warranty is 3 years, so technically Apple can support the vehicle for 3 years which is about the life span of each generation of iPhone iOS support.
    That means after 3 years they came out with a program that can better manage your battery life, Apple do not have to give it for free on older vehicles.

Personally I think Apple may be working on people movers or some kind of hybrid between car and people movers, like the ones made by Honda
    In the Future, We Will All Scoot Around on Robotic Stools - CityLab
    Last edited by unison999; 2015-02-17 at 12:53 AM.

Ugh, are the Apple car rumors surfacing again?? Wake up people, it's not going to happen! This is the Apple television rumors all over again.

All the rumors of Apple making a TV came out of Apple developing their Apple TV component, not an actual TV. All these car rumors are just coming from Apple working on CarPlay and possible other auto features/components, not an actual car!

Maybe when Apple actually release a television I'll start to bel... no, nevermind, Apple will never make a car. I'll bet any money on it.