Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Ups App Store Download Limit to 4GB

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Ups App Store Download Limit to 4GB

Apple is moving on up. And that's not just a reference to share prices.

On Thursday, Apple officially increased the size limit on App Store downloads. The new limit is now 4GB. This move effectively doubles the previous cap.

"The size limit of an app package submitted through iTunes Connect has increased from 2 GB to 4 GB, so you can include more media in your submission and provide a more complete, rich user experience upon installation," Apple says on its Developer page.

Apple is quick to note, however, that this particular changes has no impact on the cellular network delivery size. That remains limited to 100 MB.

Nonetheless, with apps becoming increasingly more sophisticated and rich with media, features, and surprisingly elaborate capabilities, the expansion of the download size limit will likely be well-received by the vast community of iOS junkies around the globe.

Source: Apple

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

"In other news, we'd like to once again offer a big 'screw you' to all our 16GB customers. Have a nice day."

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    "In other news, we'd like to once again offer a big 'screw you' to all our 16GB customers. Have a nice day."
    Lol, I never understood why people even buy the tiny 16gb.....after system files and such what do you have left like 12gb ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copper_maximus View Post
    Lol, I never understood why people even buy the tiny 16gb.....after system files and such what do you have left like 12gb ?
    Exactly. I don't even know why they decided to keep making the 16gb model. They decided to keep the 16gb and ditch the 32gb model? Makes no sense .
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!