Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Parallels Desktop 10 for OS X Gets Updated With Preliminary Support for Windows 10

Default Parallels Desktop 10 Gets Updated With Preliminary Support for Windows 10

Parallels has announced Wednesday morning that its popular virtual machine software for Mac OS X has been updated with preliminary support for the upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview and Office Preview for Windows 10, allowing Mac users to run the pre-release software as virtual machines for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Parallels
    Parallels announced today that Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac (parallels.com/desktop) provides experimental support for Windows® 10 Technical Preview and Office Preview for Windows 10 which includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Now users who wish to try the newest OS from Microsoft® safely and easily can do so without the inconvenience of deleting an existing OS or the uncertainty of installing a new and nonfinal version of Windows 10 directly on their machines. The Parallels Wizard makes it simple to download the Windows 10 Technical Preview directly from within Parallels Desktop, creating a virtual machine to try out everything Windows 10 has to offer, including such features as the new Start menu, Photos, Maps app, Cortana and Windows Store beta which offers Office Preview for Windows 10.
    Windows 10 is the next iteration of the popular PC operating system that succeeds Windows 8.1. It is going to bring major changes to the Start Menu and many other parts of the operating system that have been complained about since the dawn of Windows 8.

Parallels Desktop 10 integrates the Windows applications with the functionality of OS X, meaning that one could open a file on Mac OS X that gets re-directed to an application running on the Windows virtual machine. This support carries over to Office Preview for Windows 10 in this update.

Existing users of Parallels Desktop 10 can download this update for free. Parallels Desktop 10 runs users $79.99 to purchase the software, but is a $49.99 upgrade for those that own the previous version of Parallels Desktop. Students can buy Parallels Desktop for just $39.99. A two-week free trial is also available for those that want to try the software before they buy it, and even to compare it to the software's biggest competitor, VMWare Fusion. To check it out, you can head over to Parallels' Web site at this link.

Sources: Parallels Desktop

I've been running Windows 10 for months now with Parallels. Okay, not running it on a regular, but def for whenever I need to jailbreak an iOS device with TaiG.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I've been running Windows 10 for months now with Parallels. Okay, not running it on a regular, but def for whenever I need to jailbreak an iOS device with TaiG.
    It is typical for software to "work" right out of the box. VMWare Fusion is notorious for it too. For example, you were able to install Windows 8 when it first came out by telling VMWare Fusion that you were trying to install Windows 7.

This update will bring you a variety of performance improvements and improvements to the feature set. Any incompatibilities that there were should be fixed.

My old version of Parallels keeps telling me I need to buy an update in order for Windows 8 work work...

I keep right on using Windows 8 just fine without the update.

We'll see if it's the same with Windows 10 (if I bother with it)
    Last edited by fleurya; 2015-02-12 at 06:52 PM.