Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dr. Dre to Release Biopic Titled "Straight Outta Compton"

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Dr. Dre to Release Biopic Titled "Straight Outta Compton"

Before Dr. Dre (also known as Andre Romelle Young) became famous for his Beats headphones and then the company being the most expensive acquisition made by Apple ever, he was a hip-hop artist and music producer. There is a lot Young has to say about his life before it became so successful and he is telling through Hollywood. Universal Group has recently released a trailer for his “Straight Outta Compton” movie.

Young was born and raised in Compton, California and the movie features not only Young but Ice Cube, DJ Yella, Eazy-E, and MC Ren as well. The five were part of a rap group called N.W.A. and the movie is about their rise to fame. According to Ice Cube, “We put it all in the music, all our frustration and anger.” Apparently, Dr. Young blames N.W.A.’s manager Jerry Heller on the falling out of the group. The movie is set to hit theaters this summer on August 14th.

Take a look at the trailer below. Let us know what you think of it, will you be watching it in theaters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrlLcb7zYmw

Source: YouTube

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Looks pretty good actually...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This looks dope!!! Wow I had my doubts, but yeah I can't wait for this!!!!

Wow I had no faith in it either, but it looks like I'll be going to see this when it opens. It looks great!

Damn, looks real good. Is that Suge Knight portrayed in one of the scenes??!

Thanks

This looks awesome! I can't wait!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Agreed!! At first I was sure this was gonna be stupid but that trailer looks awesome!

I can't believe how close that guy resembles Eazy!?!? Ahhh, the memories... I used to bump NWA all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Agreed!! At first I was sure this was gonna be stupid but that trailer looks awesome!

I can't believe how close that guy resembles Eazy!?!? Ahhh, the memories... I used to bump NWA all the time!
    Same thing with the guy portraying Ice Cube.

My dad has/had friends in compton. They painted cars so every so often we would go down there. I remember being at the paint shop and my dad's friend was playing Straight Outta Compton. He noticed I liked it, so he let me have the cassette. So different and powerful compared to anything else out at the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Dr. Dre to Release Biopic Titled "Straight Outta Compton"
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Same thing with the guy portraying Ice Cube.

My dad has/had friends in compton. They painted cars so every so often we would go down there. I remember being at the paint shop and my dad's friend was playing Straight Outta Compton. He noticed I liked it, so he let me have the cassette. So different and powerful compared to anything else out at the time.
    The guy playing Ice definitely sounds like him and has a lot of similarities but I think Eazy looks almost identical. I still
    miss his rapping even after he started BG Knocc Out and Dresta. But Ice Cube's 'Steady Mobbin' is still one of the best!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2015-02-19 at 03:50 PM.