Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Name is Bond... Apple Bond

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default The Name is Bond... Apple Bond

If anything is cooler than James Bond today, it's shares of Apple. Consequently, the company has a big plan involving bonds of its own.

According to the AP, Apple is "selling more debt." Just today, news emerged from the tech giant's latest filing with the SEC that the company is proceeding with a plan to sell $5 billion in new debt in order to cover "general corporate purposes."

"The debt is expected to cover stock repurchases and dividend payments, among other things," the report proposes. "Apple's offering, which may price on Monday, is expected to be issued in some combination of floating-rate five-year notes and fixed-rate notes with durations ranging from 7 to 30 years."

News of the offering comes less than one week removed from Apple's blockbuster Q1 of 2015 earnings report, which confirmed that Apple is now comfortably seated atop a mega-cash pile of some $178 billion dollars.

Apple is yet to offer formal comment on the plan, but the SEC document doesn't leave many unanswered questions at this point.

Source: AP

That is one thing I'll never understand about corporate finances and accounting. So instead of using $5B of their $178B in cash, they are issuing bonds to raise $5B for expenses.

They need to stick Tim Cook's super-duper-mega-platinum ATM card into the bank machine, and punch in 5-000-000-000 and make a huge ***** withdraw. The end.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    That is one thing I'll never understand about corporate finances and accounting. So instead of using $5B of their $178B in cash, they are issuing bonds to raise $5B for expenses.

They need to stick Tim Cook's super-duper-mega-platinum ATM card into the bank machine, and punch in 5-000-000-000 and make a huge ***** withdraw. The end.
    Most of that money is in offshore accounts and not easily accessible if I understand things right, but yeah, I'm with you.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post

If I'd have to guess, it probably has to do with interest rates and what not.