Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Says Apple Watch to Ship in April

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook Says Apple Watch to Ship in April

Apple CEO Tim Cook announced during today’s quarterly conference call that the highly anticipated Apple Watch is on track to launch April of this year. This date falls right under Apple’s previous promise of launching the wearable device ‘early 2015.’ There has been much talk of the Apple Watch ever since the company announced the device back in September of last year. However, April is a bit later than the time frame most others have reported. Previously, rumors were saying the smartwatch would be released in time for Valentine’s Day. But according to Cook, production of the device is ‘on schedule’ to what internal estimates were. Cook also noted that January to April are considered early months, May to August are considered mid, and September to December are considered late months.

Cook stated that there are already a number of developers working on the smartwatch software, but titles are still unknown. Ming-Chi Kuo predicted just last week that the Apple Watch would launch sometime in March. Although Cook announced that it would launch in April, Kuo was probably the closest prediction. He also predicted that the Cupertino-based company will be shipping 2.8 million units in just the first quarter of launch. No exact date has been announced for the release of the Apple Watch, but we are getting closer to the launch date. Will you be purchasing Apple’s smartwatch when it launches? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I've actually never heard "In time for Valentine's Day." All the reports I've read have said March. Still not correct, but a lot closer than 2.5 weeks.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I've actually never heard "In time for Valentine's Day." All the reports I've read have said March. Still not correct, but a lot closer than 2.5 weeks.
    I agree also. Always heard March as a rumored time to be released. But I always wait for Apple to take the stage or make a official announcement to say "Here it is"!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-29)