Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 2TB Mac Mini is Available Online Again

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's 2TB Mac Mini is Available Online Again

The new option adds to Apple's existing Mac mini storage customization options, which include a switch to 256GB of PCIe-based flash storage for no extra fee, or 512GB and 1TB SSD configurations that sell for $300 and $800, respectively.

It has been recently reported that Apple’s 2TB Mac mini has finally been put back onto the company’s Online Apple Store. For a short while, the Mac mini was actually taken off the website and was on a brief hiatus. Although the device is back on the website, it is only available as a configuration option on the highest-end $999 model. A couple of months ago when the Mac mini was refreshed, the Cupertino-based company had apparently taken away any storage option bigger than 1TB. But a 2TB HDD was offered before the update as an add-on, which ended up getting discontinued eventually as well.

Now, the 2TB Mac mini comes with 8GB of memory and 2.8GHz dual-Core Intel Core i5 TB Fusion Drive. Any extra storage costs $100 premium, which is the cheapest upgrade option available. Extra storage gets added onto Apple’s Mac mini storage customization option. Have you been waiting for this device to come back? Will you be purchasing one? Let us know in the comments below .

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

i've already added a 2 tb hard drive to my mid -2011 mac mini. i bought one through OWC.com and installed it several weeks ago myself. its a bit trickier if you do to yourself than upgrading in a macbook air which i did as well up to 500gb. disconnecting the fan is a more sensitive operation than shown in their installation video. i was just totally out of space on both machines.

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    i've already added a 2 tb hard drive to my mid -2011 mac mini. i bought one through OWC.com and installed it several weeks ago myself. its a bit trickier if you do to yourself than upgrading in a macbook air which i did as well up to 500gb. disconnecting the fan is a more sensitive operation than shown in their installation video. i was just totally out of space on both machines.
    You mean macsales.com not owc.com.
    Hmm...