Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TapSense Announces Ad Platform for Apple Watch

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default TapSense Announces Ad Platform for Apple Watch

It was only a matter of time before mobile ads came to Apple Watch, although some of us expected the actual device to get here before the ad platform.

Nonetheless, even as the tech world still eagerly awaits the arrival of Apple's first smartwatch, TapSense is gearing up to make the wearable ready for mobile advertising. Today, on the heels of tomorrow's kick-off to the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the mobile ad exchange dished on its aims for Apple Watch.

TapSense is set to roll out what it calls the first ever programmatic ad platform for Apple's looming smart wearable device that is expected to reach consumers early in this new year (although Apple is yet to set an official release date). We're told the ads will be sophisticated in their relevance and overall targeting proficiency. Eventually, Apple Pay may be integrated into the ad platform, which could allow for easier purchasing of promoted products and services.

"Wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) are the next frontiers in the mobile revolution. We are excited to announce industry's first programmatic ad platform for Apple Watch developers and brands," explained Ash Kumar, CEO of TapSense. "While most of our competitors are focused on banner ads and legacy platforms, we are focused on innovation and next generation platforms. Apple Watch has the potential to be a category disruptor similar to iPod or iPhone and we believe that it provides great opportunities for brands and developers to deliver engaging experiences to consumers."

We'll know more about how the ads will look and function throughout the week at CES 2015.

Source: Reuters

ads will be sophisticated in their relevance and overall targeting proficiency - yeah right, I've never seen an ad that is relevant to me. The last place I want to see an ad is on the tiny watch screen.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2015-01-05), miketurbo123 (2015-01-05)

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

I really do not want to wear a watch that gives me ads. No thanks