Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Interview Sits at the Top of iTunes Charts as US Government Sanctions North Korea

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Interview Sits at the Top of iTunes Charts as US Government Sanctions North Korea

The president of the US, Barack Obama, recently issued an executive order placing new sanctions against North Korea related to its government’s believed involvement in an act of cyberterrorism that targeted Sony Pictures Entertainment. After calling the cyberattacks “provocative, destabilizing and repressive,” the White House authorized the Secretary of the Treasury to place sanctions on individuals and entities affiliated with the country’s government. The Obama administration called the North Korean government “destructive and coercive” based on the attack.

The White House said the following in a statement regarding the matter:

We take seriously North Korea's attack that aimed to create destructive financial effects on a U.S. company and to threaten artists and other individuals with the goal of restricting their right to free expression.
    The recent steps were reportedly just the “first measure” of the US government’s response. Obama pledged to make a response that is proportional to the crippling attack on Sony which occurred because the North Korean government was unhappy with the content of its new film, “The Interview.” In a surprising and unexpected move, Sony opted to release the film both in theaters and through digital services on Christmas Day. It took a few extra days for the film to end up on iTunes but it’s the top selling movie on Apple’s iTunes Store as of right now.

The movie is available to rent for $5.99 and purchase for $14.99. For those of you who didn’t know what was going on regarding the matter, the move depicts both Seth Rogen and James Franco as journalists who are instructed to assassinate the leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-Un. Hackers from North Korea who were supposedly offended by the premise of the movie compromised Sony Pictures Entertainment and threatened to attack theaters that played the film. Sony eventually opted for a simultaneous digital release, which is quite a rare move in Hollywood, after several major theater chains announced they wouldn’t show the movie on its opening day. Some smaller and independent theaters ended up debuting the movie on December 25 and no incidents occurred.

The issue as a whole is quite messy, all for a movie which got mixed reviews to begin with. Have any of you seen The Interview? If so, what did you think of it?

Source: BBC News

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

the interview was a load of ****. I'm so sick and tired of Franco and Roagen team duo. You guys are not funny.....DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    the interview was a load of ****. I'm so sick and tired of Franco and Roagen team duo. You guys are not funny.....DEAL WITH IT!!!!
    you sir... have no sense of humor. Pineapple Express will forever live on, and so will this..
    side note... anyone remember Team America?!?

Love Franco, don't care for Rogan that much. The only thing this duo is good for are cheap laughs. I have not seen The Interview, but I felt the other ones I have seen with them were meh