Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 12-inch MacBook Air with Retina Display Rumored to Enter Production in January

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's 12-inch MacBook Air with Retina Display Rumored to Enter Production in January

Based on a new rumor which appears to be floating, Apple’s supply chain is preparing for mass production of the much anticipated 12-inch MacBook Air with a high-resolution Retina Display. The news comes from DigiTimes and although the publication tends to have a spotty record when it comes to predictions, the timing does make sense as Intel’s next-gen low-power Broadwell processors are set to become available early next year.

The recent report claims that the new MacBook Air with Retina Display will indeed utilize Intel’s Broadwell technology along with sporting a new chassis that is expected to be thinner and lighter than ever. As of right now, the unnamed supply chain sources said that mass production was slowed down by “low yield rates.” With the yield issues being resolved, mass production of the ultrathin portable device is expected to take place next quarter. The report claimed the notebook is expected to be built by Quanta computer and will target the high end market and have limited shipments

Previously reports suggested that Apple’s 12-inch Retina MacBook Air would launch this year but the production was allegedly delayed after the Broadwell chips were late to the market. The notebook is believed to be heavily dependent on Intel’s next-gen 14-nanometer chips for its unique design. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, the next-gen MacBook Air is expected to feature a stripped down 12-inch form factor with a fan-less design, fewer inputs and outputs and potentially a click-less TrackPad.

We’ll have to wait and see if the prediction turns out to be true.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

But 13inch is perfect... Are they sizing down to 12inch to consolidate the 11 and the 13 to save on costs? And to perhaps share the same parts with the upcoming iPad Air Pro? I'm in love with my 13 inch MBA and will have to think heavily before "upgrading" to a 12 inch..

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

how much fewer can they GET!!! I just BOUGHT an 11 Macbook Air...and it's got 2 imputs and a Thunderbolt connection. So what ELSE can they Do to make the 12 more appealing then the 11?