Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Launches 2-Line Unlimited Plan for $100 and 4-Line 10GB Data Plan for $100

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile Launches 2-Line Unlimited Plan for $100 and 4-Line 10GB Data Plan for $100

T-Mobile has recently announced another plan in hopes of luring in potential customers currently with mobile companies Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. Mobile carrier company T-Mobile’s CEO John Legere announced that they are now offering unlimited talk, 4G data, and text for a 2-line family for $100 per month. Apparently, T-Mobile wants their customers to not have to worry about how much data they are using. According to the mobile company, “ 75% of people ‘hate’ monitoring their families’ data usage.” Those that have a family larger than just 2 people, can add on additional lines for $40 per.

On top of the new offering, T-Mobile has brought back their previously launched plan of four lines for $100, which includes only 2.5GB of 4G data for each phone (totaling 10GB of data) but unlimited talk and text. It really seems like the mobile company is trying to get some more potential customers with these new plans. Compared to all the other mobile companies, T-Mobile’s unlimited family plan is definitely more appealing to the general public. Take a look at the chart above.

Do these plans make you want to switch over to T-Mobile or stick with the carrier you are with now? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: T-Mobile

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-12-12)

Thanks

i pay $400 for 4 lines in canada with only 5 gigs to share FML

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Been with T-Mo (was VoiceStream back then for me) since 1994 and they continue to amaze me as a company that is loyal to their customers and have had the best plans for their customers. I am grandfathered into an awesome rate because of that. But yet they still give some of the best bangs for your bucks in monthly costs even if you just sign up tomorrow with them.
    I battled with 2g speed for a couple years since the first iPhones I bought 2007 and 2008, jailbroke and used with T-Mo.
    I am fortunate to live in a big metro area so never had to battle weak signal/dropped calls that other early subscribers experienced back in the day.
    Kudos T-Mo from a loyal customer for over 20 years.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

NSXrebel (2014-12-11), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-11)

Instead of spending their money on discounts TMobile sholud consider erecting a few more towers...

Quote Originally Posted by Truffol View Post
    Instead of spending their money on discounts TMobile sholud consider erecting a few more towers...
    You can say the same thing about the other carriers. It all comes down to what works best in your area. Some carriers are weaker than others in some places and vice versa.

I was a happy camper with T-Mobile back in the day, and only moved away to Cingular/AT&T for the iPhone when it first came out. I stuck with AT&T for many years because I was grandfathered with their unlimited data. But once T-Mobile came out with their unlimited plans, I switched back last year with my factory unlocked iPhone 5 and pay less. Now I'll pay even less per month and get unlimited everything + free international texting and data whenever I travel, on top of WiFi calling, tethering, and other perks.

wow, my contract is up at the end of the month with Verizon and i was hoping there was going to be something good from T-mobile. Would be saving me about 18 dollars a month for sure.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truffol View Post
    That can be said for all carriers.
    Besides TMobile is going after different niche than other carriers.

I was with AT&T paying $100/mo (grandfathered in data since iPhone 1 but I only use on average 300MB)
    I switched because AT&T screwed me over by charging me full price on iPhone6+ AND adding 2 years to my contract. Called their customer service and waited 30 min before anyone got on and help me, they saw that my contract was up in 1 month and they do not pro-rate that is why they charged me for full price. My question to them then why am I added 2 year contract as well then, they were not able to answer that question. I offered to pay for my 1 month $100/Mo bill early so I can end my contract early, but they said to end my contract early I have to pay $200+ for some bizarre reason. Told them they do not make sense. Told them to cancel my order + put my contract date back to original date. I went to TMobile because I was interested in wifi calling, I have dead zone where I work and at home, did not expect to pay $50/mo for my bill. Even paying for the phone at full price going for 2 years compared to AT&T I save $200/year.
    It was a no brainer I switched over, couldn't be happier now I get calls at my work and at home. Glad I left AT&T

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Surprised this thread wasn't full of comments of people switching to T-Mo or sharing there great experience with this company, even their customer service is next to none. Very forward looking company willing to pass on the savings rather then trying to make their wallets thicker.
    Don't mean to be on some soapbox, just spitting out the reality of the costs of owning a smart device.

Even when paying off ETF (early Termination Fees) and getting a new iDevice is still a huge savings.
    Switch Carriers without Early Termination Fees | No ETF's | T-Mobile
    Switch to T-Mobile without ETF's Popup | Step by Step Guide
    Switch Carriers without Early Termination Fees | No ETF's | T-Mobile
    T-Mobile's 'We'll Pay Your ETF' Problem | Stewart Wolpin

I should do commercials for them. lol

I just combined my sisters' 2 lines with mine. We each were paying $60/mo for 3GB of LTE data, that came out to $180/mo total and we only made it thru about 3/4 month before we got throttled to slower speeds. Now we pay $140 a month, with all 3 lines having unlimited LTE data, no throttling. That comes out to $46 per line, unlimited everything. None of the other major carriers can match that, yet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I was with T-Mobile for 6 years before switching to Sprint in 2011 for the iPhone 4s. Worst mistake I ever made. To add insult to injury I paid full price for the iPhone 5 on sprint thinking service would be better. I was still getting dropped calls, spotty service and no 4G/LTE. I made the change back to T-Mobile earlier this year with the 5s. I have to admit I was unhappy with my service at home at first until I got a signal booster. Now I have 4G/LTE in my home and I couldn't be happier. I only use wifi when I'm on an important call so that the call is clearer.

I just switched to T-mobile last week from AT&T with 2 unlimited lines, so I called them up just now and switched to this 2 line promo and it's dropping my bill about $40. So awesome!