Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Tim Cook Makes Final 8 Contenders List Nominated for 'Person of the Year' Award

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's Tim Cook Makes Final 8 Contenders List Nominated for 'Person of the Year' Award

Apple CEO Tim Cook has made the final list of contestants nominated for TIME’s annual ‘Person of the Year’ award. TIME Magazine recently released their final eight contenders on the shortlist. Some of the other contenders include Alibaba’s Jack Ma, pop singer Taylor Swift, President of Russia Vladmir Putin, Ferguson protestors, and Ebola caregivers.

It was noted that Cook was being recognized for not only being the first Fortune 500 CEO to discuss his sexual orientation as being gay openly, but also for launching a new lineup that broke records starting at the time of pre-orders. According to TIME,

Tim Cook, who introduced Apple's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Apple Watch, and Apple Pay this year, and whose decision to come out made him the first openly gay Fortune 500 CEO.
    In 2012, Cook came in second place for TIME’s ‘Person of the Year’ award losing out to President Barack Obama, who obviously took first place. The winner will be announced by the magazine’s managing editor Gibbs, on NBC’s Today show Wednesday morning. Cook not only grew countless number of retail stores around the world in the last few years, but he has also led Apple product sales and overall market value to skyrocket ever since taking over the company after Steve Jobs.

Do you think Tim Cook should be given the award this year? Let us know your thoughts below.

Source: TIME
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-12-09 at 09:48 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

If ('not ready for prime time') Yosemite wasn't such a nightmare for me I would says yes. I miss Steve.

Pointless bullsh1t
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Tailor Swift, Putin, and large groups of people? At least half of these choices are completely idiotic. They might as well put Microsoft and Sony in there too, since, you know, corporations are people too these days.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Putin? Really? Putin?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2014-12-09)

Surprised Adam Silver isn't on the list. He was just ranked the most influential person in sports business.

Taylor Swift? WTF? Other than being a popular singer, what is the importance of that dudette? How is she affecting the lives of people (other than 12 year olds)?

Person of the year was designed originally to sell Time magazines; which it does. So I refer you to my first post in this thread
    Last edited by dsg; 2014-12-09 at 10:08 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2014-12-09)