Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Expresses His Opinion about the Ad-Supported Business Model

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Expresses His Opinion about the Ad-Supported Business Model

Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook, recently expressed his harsh opinion for those (including Apple CEO, Tim Cook), who called the social network’s ad-supported business model bad for consumers. Zuckerberg went as far as stating that such comments were “ridiculous.” He went on to tell Time the following regarding the matter:

A frustration I have is that a lot of people increasingly seem to equate an advertising business model with somehow being out of alignment with your customers. I think it's the most ridiculous concept. What, you think because you're paying Apple that you're somehow in alignment with them? If you were in alignment with them, then they'd make their products a lot cheaper!
    What Zuckerberg was referring to was comments made in an open letter penned by Apple CEO, Tim Cook, in September where Cook spelled out Apple’s approach to consumer privacy. Cook’s argument was that the company doesn’t depend on user data to make money. He stated the following in his letter:

A few years ago, users of Internet services began to realize that when an online service is free, you're not the customer. You're the product.
    Although Facebook hasn’t been in the same limelight as Google when it comes to privacy, the social network has still had its fair share of public relation issues, particularly in relation to reports of participation in the NSA’s PRISM program. Zuckerberg even went as far as publicly stating that the association ended up harming Facebook’s public perception. At the time, he said the following regarding the matter:

The trust metrics for all of them went down when PRISM came out. This is one of the reasons we are pushing so much for transparency.
    Still, it’s interesting to see how Apple and Facebook, which have been working together over the past few years are seemingly growing a part over time. How do you feel about Zuckerberg’s comments and remarks? Share your thoughts and comments below!

Source: Time

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

I think Mark doesn't give a 2 shyt and dime about their so called customers. He doesn't listen to peoples feed back on the comments through iTunes. People are tired of updates every 2 weeks with the same GENERIC description that tells you nothing about whats in the update. People want landscape(including myself) hasn't been done in years, people want "most recent" by default, instead of "top stories" on their feed, hasn't happened yet!

Just to bad that every other website and game has linked itself someway to needing a FB account.

I always sign up for a separate account specifically to NOT be dependent on FaceBook to logon. Also, I have not nor will I install FaceBook's separate messenger app!!!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I only even have a facebook to keep track of people I don't have contact with otherwise. I get on MAYBE once a month. I actually liked facebook for a while, but every change they make seems to be for the worse. I ditched them in January and haven't looked back.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I only even have a facebook to keep track of people I don't have contact with otherwise. I get on MAYBE once a month. I actually liked facebook for a while, but every change they make seems to be for the worse. I ditched them in January and haven't looked back.
    Ya only reason why I started one, was because of getting in touch with old school friends from K-12th grades. And now with some family members now LOL.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-12-17), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

I just created a fake facebook account (fakebook) just so I can get the "benefits" of a facebook account...

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Facebook? Whats that? LOL
    Seriously though, I stopped using it over a year ago, cold turkey, and have never looked back nor missed it.

I am however looking forward to checking out Ello when it is out of beta.
    Simplicity at it's best - https://ello.co/beta-public-profiles

Honestly I have a Facebook account which hardly ever use. The only reason I have it is because it makes logging into some websites through Facebook so much simpler.

Not only that but my Cydia account is tied to Facebook sooo kinda need it for that reason alone.

Still Facebook does suck and has done for a very very long time I have not "used" it for what it was made for, for nearly 2 years and life is so much better and easier.

There is a lot less stress in real life than on Facebook meaning less troubles and hassle. Hope it does die eventually because it is just crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    That's just it. Every other product such as Apple, Microsoft etc. are all customer driven/innovated to the point that these items are developed and designed purely the way you want it and would like it. Facebook, on the other hand, was Mark's way of giving the world "freedom of speech" hence why he fought so hard against others who opposed Facebook. Did Mark intend this to be used by people? Of course. But at the same time he wants to continue HIS legacy as the creator and innovator of Facebook, which is solely his idea and influenced by his choices only. If he were to listen to our requests and comments then he wouldn't, on a psychological level, feel like it's his. Otherwise Facebook would just be another consumer product, and Mark would just be another generic pioneer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk