Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Issuers Added to the Apple Pay Partner List

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default More Issuers Added to the Apple Pay Partner List

Apple’s latest mobile payment system has been more successful than most had expected since its release. There are already many banks behind the support of Apple Pay and more are partnering up with Apple. It has been reported that M&T Bank, L&N Federal Credit Union, and UW Credit Union will be joining the list of banks supporting the mobile payment system. Publicized on the Cupertino-based company’s official website, consumers will be able to find the full list of banks partnering with Apple. The complete list now has a total of 21 U.S. banks supporting Apple Pay.

In the second wave of banks announced to support Apple Pay, the world’s largest credit union Navy Federal, PNC Bank, U.S. Bank, Barclaycard, and USAA were added to the list. In the first three days of launch, Apple CEO Tim Cook announced that over one million credit cards were linked and activated to the mobile payment system. It was even reported that when Apple Pay was released, it benefited other competitors like Google Wallet- a feature that has been out for years with not much success. Not only are more banks being added to the list of supporters of the new payment system but more retail stores, supermarkets, and chains are being added as well.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I know it's purely speculation, but what do you other people think the chances are of local credit unions being added. I'd like to use Apple Pay when it comes out for the Apple Watch, but I'm not switching from a credit union.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

Yeah, I am not sure why all cards are not accepted? What does it take to get down with Apple pay for a credit card company perspective? There card is being used regardless.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-12-04)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I know it's purely speculation, but what do you other people think the chances are of local credit unions being added. I'd like to use Apple Pay when it comes out for the Apple Watch, but I'm not switching from a credit union.
    There are something like 400 credit unions (many of them very small local ones) who will be supporting Apple Pay early in 2015:

Visa - ApplePay - Financial Institutions | Visa USA

See the "coming soon" list.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to valkraider For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-12-04)

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Yeah, I am not sure why all cards are not accepted? What does it take to get down with Apple pay for a credit card company perspective? There card is being used regardless.
    Banks have to set up their systems to handle the token exchange process. It's easier for some banks than it is for other banks.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by valkraider View Post
    There are something like 400 credit unions (many of them very small local ones) who will be supporting Apple Pay early in 2015:

Visa - ApplePay - Financial Institutions | Visa USA

See the "coming soon" list.
    Thanks! Sadly mine isn't on there, but I'll be checking every once in a while.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Still waiting for them to start accepting cards from synchrony, who issue the PayPal Master card... This is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by mrrom92 View Post
    Still waiting for them to start accepting cards from synchrony, who issue the PayPal Master card... This is ridiculous
    Everything's+Amazing+ +Nobody's+Happy - YouTube

--
    Posted from my iPhone using the "Tapatalk" app.