Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia Unveils N1 Tablet that Looks Very Similar to Apple's iPad Mini

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Nokia Unveils N1 Tablet that Looks Very Similar to Apple's iPad Mini

It was no surprise when China’s XiaoMi released a tablet that looked just like Apple’s iPad Mini back in May and even called it the MiPad, because everything about the company is practically based around Apple. Even their MiPad advertisement and XiaoMi website has a similar feel to Apple’s. However, to our surprise, Nokia announced their new N1 tablet today at the Slush 2014 conference and it looks just like Apple’s iPad Mini. The N1 tablet will sport an aluminum backing and a 7.9-inch screen.

Nokia’s N1 tablet has a 7.9-inch Retina display, a 2.3GHz Intel Atom processor, 2GB of RAM, PowerVR GPU, a 5-megapixel front camera, and 8-megapixel back camera. It will have Nokia’s Z launcher and run Android 5.0 Lollipop. When Nokia releases the N1 tablet next year, it will be available in just the 32GB capacity option and Natural Aluminum colors as well as in Lava Grey. China will be the first country to have the N1 in 2015 with the price tag of $249 and then possibly expand to other countries after. Looks like more and more companies are taking Apple’s designs and adding them to their own products.

Source: Nokia

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Kinda surprising to me that a European company would release to China first.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

jhajhajhajha im not a fan boy that like to "beef" about tech products even im a apple fan but hahaha is kinda fun how all those cmpanys not only copy the style of apple products they copy the style of the advertisements...i saw a motorola tv ad that you can change the color case and stuff and just sounds a male and a female voice on behind at the same time the phone changes clothes... that an apple type of ad... if im wrong correct me but im pretty sure apple did it 1st...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I foresee a lawsuit at a not too far future.
    Last edited by Tweetix; 2014-11-19 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Thank goodness it runs Android so it won't need 3 revisions of its OS to make it functional.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Thank goodness it runs Android so it won't need 3 revisions of its OS to make it functional.
    KitKat went to .4...

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Fortunately, as you never get 3 revisions of an OS on an Android device

The promo video even looked Apple-esque.

I like the tagline: 'Thinking ahead'
    ...by copying a successful design from 2012.