Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 Was Intended to Solve Wi-Fi Issues, But it Didn't for Everyone

Default OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 Was Intended to Solve Wi-Fi Issues, But it Didn't for Everyone

On Monday, Apple released OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 to the general public with Wi-Fi connection problems being one of the main fixes in the update. It was recommended for all users, especially those that were having problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks and keeping their connections.

Although the update was supposed to fix this, Apple's Support Forums are still filled with claims that even OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 update continues on with the Wi-Fi connectivity bugs plaguing users on a daily basis. One particular claim:

Update didn't solve the wi-fi issues for us. mid-2012 MBP and a 2013 iMac - neither have any real WAN access. Sometimes it will allow me to have internet access long enough to load 1/2 web page.

Our wi-fi router is an ASUS RT-AC87R running in AP mode with a hard-wired link to an Actiontec Verizion Fios router. The ASUS provides the wi-fi access while the Actiontec is the gateway/router.
    It's unknown if the problem is due to incompatibilities with certain routers or configurations, although it will be necessary for Apple to fix this problem. As MacRumors reports, some people have had success after completely re-installing OS X Yosemite on their machines and starting from scratch.

Are you continuing to experience Wi-Fi problems on your Mac after upgrading to OS X Yosemite 10.10.1?

Sources: MacRumors

Thanks

While at work I noted that my 13" MBP will not always stay on the wifi I select. It cycles and ends up on the strongest signaled connection or so it seems. I'll update to 10.10.1 and see what happens.

Of course it didn’t solve the issues. OSX has had wifi issues from day one. It never ceases to amaze me how Windows machines always pick up many more wireless networks than a Mac device.

Thanks

While at work I noted that my 13" MBP will not always stay on the wifi I select. It cycles and ends up on the strongest signaled connection or so it seems. I'll update to 10.10.1 and see what happens.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

apple is widely used there's bound to be issues occasionally. fortunately, none have it any of our machines or devices. but in the end, apple always comes through. is maps such a big deal anymore? or bending iPhones?

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    apple is widely used there's bound to be issues occasionally. fortunately, none have it any of our machines or devices. but in the end, apple always comes through. is maps such a big deal anymore? or bending iPhones?
    Yes, but there shouldnt be issues with a closed system like OS X. Its not like they allow 3rd party manufacturers to produce products. I have had wireless issues since Yosemite was introduced using a one year old wireless router from Linksys and the Retina Macbook. I reported them for months and they were never corrected. All other devices work flawlessly. I am going to be forced to reinstall 10.9 because it's too frustrating to have to reconnect every 5 minutes.