Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aaron Sorkin Releases Details on Upcoming Jobs Biopic

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Aaron Sorkin Releases Details on Upcoming Jobs Biopic

Aaron Sorkin had a recent interview with The Independent, and the focus of it was around the screenwriter’s upcoming biopic about Steve Jobs. Sorkin said that although they have yet to cast the role of Jobs, an announcement is bound to be made soon. Previous reports noted that the highly anticipated Academy award winner, Christian Bale was to play the famous Jobs, but apparently backed out last minute because he felt he wasn’t right for the role. It was also reported recently that high-profile actor Leonardo DiCaprio dropped out as well to play Jobs. According to The Independent:

Leonardo DiCaprio and, more recently, Christian Bale, pulled out, the latter because of the sheer demands of the role: “It’s a 181-page script, about 100 of it is that one character,” says Sorkin. The frontrunner is now believed to be Michael Fassbender. Sorkin, today, can confirm only that an announcement is imminent.
    Another interesting fact Sorkin noted was that the character of Lisa Brennan-Jobs, Jobs’ daughter, would play a major role in the film. She is said to be the ‘heroine’ of the biopic. Apparently, Lisa has been working on the screenplay with Sorkin, but refused to work with Walter Isaacson when he wrote the biography of Jobs.

[I]in the case of Steve Jobs, it’s the relationships he had – particularly with his daughter, Lisa – that drew me to it,” he says. Jobs initially denied paternity of his daughter, now 36, though they later reconnected and she lived with him in her teens. “She didn’t participate in Walter Isaacson’s book, because her father was alive at the time, and she didn’t want to alienate either of her parents, so I was very grateful that she was willing to spend time with me,” says Sorkin. “She is the heroine of the movie.
    News on the film has been all over the place, with so many actors rumored to be playing characters and then dropping out and the change of directors as well. There has yet to be a release date for the biopic, but it has been confirmed that Danny Boyle, director of Slumdog Millionaire will be directing this film.

Source: The Independent

Twitter: @AkshayMasand