Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chip Suppliers for Apple Watch Said to be Starting Production Soon

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chip Suppliers for Apple Watch Said to be Starting Production Soon

It has been reported by DigiTimes that chip suppliers for Apple’s highly anticipated Apple Watch are getting ready to start production for the upcoming device. The device is set to release in 2015 and approximately 30 million to 40 million Apple Watch units are said to get produced for debut. When Samsung released their Galaxy Gear smartwatch, only about 800,000 units were sold in the first two months. Not much has been revealed in regards to the Apple Watch, except for what was announced at Apple’s September 9th event and a few hints here and there.

Angela Ahrendts, Apple’s VP of Retail and Online Stores has said that the Apple Watch would be released in Spring of 2015, but other reports say otherwise. Rumors have circulated the web stating that the Cupertino-based company is making it goal to get it out by February 2015, in time for Valentines Day. The anticipated Apple Watch will come in many different colors, materials, and two different sizes. The starting price for the device will be $350 and gold editions have been reportedly said to cost as much as $4,000.

We will have to wait and see when Apple plans on releasing the device, and we will definitely keep you posted.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd pay $350 for a good smart watch, but $4000?!? *slow whistle*

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

It still doesn't make me want one. Its a glorified fitness tracker. While it is probably the best looking fitness tracker you can wear on your wrist(or at least it makes the top 3 I still don't see the point of knowing my hear beat while i am sleeping :] Maybe the second gen will offer something I just have to have..we shall see.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I'd pay $350 for a good smart watch, but $4000?!? *slow whistle*
    I'm still debating on the watch myself, but? I were to get one? It would be Stainless steel linked bracelet one. Just not a gold person and willing to pay that much lol. My mom on the other hand? lol will be buying the gold one. She has the money to spend to enjoy stuff like that lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I'm still debating on the watch myself, but? I were to get one? It would be Stainless steel linked bracelet one. Just not a gold person and willing to pay that much lol. My mom on the other hand? lol will be buying the gold one. She has the money to spend to enjoy stuff like that lol
    Right with you! The steel was my favorite by far.

......beware......

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They've d*cked me around long enough with no details...I'm getting the Garmin Vivosmart. Alerts for text, FB, calls, email, etc., watch, exercise tracker all in an unobtrusive band and 7 day battery life. For $170, I'm sold!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    They've d*cked me around long enough with no details...I'm getting the Garmin Vivosmart. Alerts for text, FB, calls, email, etc., watch, exercise tracker all in an unobtrusive band and 7 day battery life. For $170, I'm sold!
    You expected details? From apple?

......beware......

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Long enough? They did say the watch wouldn't be out till early 2015. So I don't get your "LONG ENOUGH" statement lol. You expect them to give detail about watch that isn't ready for public yet? Lol