Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wozniak Believes Larger iPhone is Late to the Game

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wozniak Believes Larger iPhone is Late to the Game

Steve Wozniak recently voiced his opinion in an interview with CNN, regarding Apple’s latest iPhone 6 lineup. He felt that the Cupertino-based company should have made an iPhone that was larger many years ago. According to Wozniak,

Apple could have had a much bigger share of the smartphone market if it had a larger-screen iPhone for the past three years. It could have competed better with Samsung.
    The interview took place at Capital One’s new Innovation Center located in Plano, Texas. According to IDC, Samsung had 24% market share in the third quarter and was the top smartphone maker while Apple was second with only 12% market share. Wozniak also noted in the interview that he was a fan of smartwatches early on the in game, but then got rid of them pretty early as well:

I kept saying that I’d like to have a smartphone on my wrist, so I bought a few smartwatches when they first came out. I got rid of them so quick. I got real negative on smartwatches.
    So when asked about the Cupertino-based company’s upcoming Apple Watch, Wozniak responded by calling it a glorified fitness tracker. However, he did say that it is more peculiar than all the other smartwatches out on the market currently.

And who knows? It might sell well. There are a lot of wrists out there.
    Source: CNNMoney

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

He is right, if Apple has not come up with the Iphone 6+, I will be using an Android phone now.

Yeah sometimes apple needs a kick in the butt to think more clearly. I can only imagine the layers of bureaucracy and bad decisions that slow the process down there.

Thanks

Ha! Its easy to make comments and say what should have been done after the fact. At the same time, I feel phone size options should have been made available long ago. Give the people what they want. Its the only reason any business is in business. Apple took the slow approach to adding size to its arsenal and now they are reaping the rewards. If there was a lesson to learn..let us hope it was learned.

To listen to all this BS. Look Samsung is doing ****** since the 6 an 6+ came out an Apple is still having fun trying to make enough phones because the very high demand. I thing if they came out with the bigger phone many years ago like wozy says they may not have had the same high sales they have now.