Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft's New Ad Bashes the MacBook Air in Favor of the Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
    So... those of you saying windows sucks probably have never used it on a day to day basis and really learned the OS.
    I have used Windows on a day-to-day basis since 1993 and I continue to use it in my IT-related field. I've gone through the good (Win2k, Win7), the bad (WinME) and the ugly (Win8). I can say without hesitation that compared to OSX, Windows sucks balls.

I'm praying that the day when Win10 sees widespread adoption gets here very soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenderbender For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-04)

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Half the people in here whining and moaning about Windows 8 have used it for maybe 5 minutes at most.

OK, they replaced your precious start menu with a larger screen with live tiles. It still has every function that the start menu had. What's so bad? People are such bandwagoners and resistant to change, it's amusing.

I've used every version of Windows up from 95, and I don't have a single problem with 8. If it's such a big deal to you, get one of the many FREE shell extensions availiable all over the internet, rather than moaning and complaining. Seriously.
    1. Windows Mandatory Updates at the most unwanted times. Employee's with lost data because Windows 8 decided it needed to update and forced a restart without asking to save anything or better yet cannot stop in the process they are working in. Imagine working and all the sudden you get a 15 minute count down appear on your screen. There is no way to stop it and as soon as it hits 0 the computer will restart. There is no easy way to stop the countdown and the time it would take to ask someone it would have restarted by then. Your only option is to either suck it up and let it restart or try to rush and get to a point where you are able to save.

2. Windows 8.1 mandatory install which completely screws up the computer and installs at the most inconvenient time by itself. It is sad you have to do research just to fix a problem Windows caused itself. This reminds me of Windows Vista all over again with BLSOD after random updates. Having to spend hours to do trial and error to fix Windows 8 network issues is a huge pain.

3. Windows Apps taking over desktop apps. Every Windows 8 computer I have to setup I have to uninstall countless useless Apps and setup Desktop Apps to take place of Apps that cannot be removed.

4. Why did they have to move settings. Why couldn't they just leave things alone and just make another location where settings can be changed. I cannot count how many things they moved just to move. Windows used to be about doing 1 task several different ways but now they try to find the most convoluted way of doing things and say this is the best way.

5. No more pressing the Windows key to start a search of files, applications and settings. Windows 8 gives you useless information when you try to do that.

I have spent hours upon hours dealing with useless crap Windows 8 keeps throwing at me and I still refuse to purchase it whenever I can. I seriously doubt Windows 10 will solve the business issues with it. I will continue to get countless calls from people who either cannot figure something out in Windows 8 or Windows 8 decided to do something to totally screw the user.

Windows 8 makes Windows Vista look like the best OS in the world.
    Last edited by sekazi; 2014-11-04 at 06:36 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sekazi For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (2014-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    I think your experience is the actual kicker. I fled from Windows about 5 years ago and have never looked back. Well, I did for a second, but it was brief. I pointed a buddy to the Surface at a great price. Well, helping him get it all set up reminded me of one of the worst things about Windows in my opinion: daily updates. Oh look, another pop-up telling me to install and restart, or remind me in 4 hours...That stinks! With Windows or Mac, I'm in good shape in terms of familiarity and file infrastructure. I don't think either has a corner on the market of file organiztion. Otherwise, I absolutely love how Apple products work hand-in-hand, especially in Yosemite. Today in the office I've already taken a few calls on my iPad sitting in a speaker dock with my iPhone sitting happily in the protective belt holster. I truly dislike Windows due to many years of poor expreience, and love the OSX experinece. Here again, it's subjective, so go with what you like. Oh, my MacBook will undreline misspelled words as I go...not so on this Windows 7. Finally, personally, if I want a tablet, I'll get one. A laptop, I'll get one. I don't need to flip my laptop around all precariously to make it feel like a tablet, but that's just me...
    It’s the price you have to pay though. What if updates were managed in the way OSX is.? That is to say unless it gets press attention Apple ignore it until the next ‘Service pack’. In that time if you had suffered a serious issue you’d be spitting feathers.
    I get regular updates on the company supplied DOS box I use for work. Doesn’t bother me. A message tells me I need to reboot or postpone. I click to postpone until the end of the day or whatever I’m working on. Sometimes I disappear for lunch and let the reboot happen then.
    The secrecy that surrounds Apple is ridiculous. I understand it for new products but for bugs and exploits they ned to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    1. Windows Mandatory Updates at the most unwanted times. Employee's with lost data because Windows 8 decided it needed to update and forced a restart without asking to save anything or better yet cannot stop in the process they are working in. Imagine working and all the sudden you get a 15 minute count down appear on your screen. There is no way to stop it and as soon as it hits 0 the computer will restart. There is no easy way to stop the countdown and the time it would take to ask someone it would have restarted by then. Your only option is to either suck it up and let it restart or try to rush and get to a point where you are able to save.

2. Windows 8.1 mandatory install which completely screws up the computer and installs at the most inconvenient time by itself. It is sad you have to do research just to fix a problem Windows caused itself. This reminds me of Windows Vista all over again with BLSOD after random updates. Having to spend hours to do trial and error to fix Windows 8 network issues is a huge pain.

3. Windows Apps taking over desktop apps. Every Windows 8 computer I have to setup I have to uninstall countless useless Apps and setup Desktop Apps to take place of Apps that cannot be removed.

4. Why did they have to move settings. Why couldn't they just leave things alone and just make another location where settings can be changed. I cannot count how many things they moved just to move. Windows used to be about doing 1 task several different ways but now they try to find the most convoluted way of doing things and say this is the best way.

5. No more pressing the Windows key to start a search of files, applications and settings. Windows 8 gives you useless information when you try to do that.

I have spent hours upon hours dealing with useless crap Windows 8 keeps throwing at me and I still refuse to purchase it whenever I can. I seriously doubt Windows 10 will solve the business issues with it. I will continue to get countless calls from people who either cannot figure something out in Windows 8 or Windows 8 decided to do something to totally screw the user.

Windows 8 makes Windows Vista look like the best OS in the world.
    I shouldn't further the flame war but what you are demonstrating massive ignorance. It's frustrating to read comments like yours because it seems like you never tried to solve your issues. Complaining is just too easy of a route.

1. You know you can configure when to install updates right? Or if you want updates at all. You can do that with Windows 8-8.1 or Server 2012. It really takes a few seconds to configure.

2. It sounds like compatibility issues with your programs. Again choose when you want to install updates. You needed update 1 for 8.1 for future updates but why wouldn't you check first?

3. They are not taking over anything. You can't even get those apps on Server 2012. Pre-installed apps can be removed by deleting it from the dir ProgramFiles/WindowsApps. It takes a couple seconds.

4. Oh no CHANGE. Are you the kind of person that uses Inventor 2009 because you like the old menu layout so much? Things have been moved around but it is not difficult to figure out where...

5. Win+F (you know like crtl+F). What is the problem?

I don't major in computer science, these things are really basic. I don't know what sort of business you work at but it sounds like customers shouldn't bother calling you for help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The only people on this thread bashing Apple products is the people that own Windows machines. Daddy couldn't get you the better Apple laptop because your grades sucked. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here talking crap.

Quote Originally Posted by OneCrazyDJ View Post
    The only people on this thread bashing Apple products is the people that own Windows machines. Daddy couldn't get you the better Apple laptop because your grades sucked. Otherwise you wouldn't be on here talking crap.
    You might be guilty of the crap talking too.
    I’m typing this from a Mac Pro. Yes that’s right, the flagship Apple computer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-08)

Quote Originally Posted by OneCrazyDJ View Post
    My ASUS did cost the same as a MB Pro. But good to know your parents raised a mouth breathing brat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12