Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Many OS X Yosemite Users Experience Wi-Fi Issues

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Many OS X Yosemite Users Experience Wi-Fi Issues

Many OS X users who are using OS X Yosemite have been reporting several complaints experiencing Wi-Fi issues. A large number of threads have surfaced on several Apple communities including Apple’s own Support Communities. This suggests that the number of users who are having Wi-Fi connection issues after installing Yosemite continues to remain high.

Based on the complaints, Wi-Fi connections are sometimes extremely slow and this results in long loading times. In some cases, certain users are even disconnecting repeatedly after just a few minutes of being connected. Furthermore, this problem appears to be widespread, affecting a wide range of users who own various MacBook models, various routers and users in various locations. As a result, the issue doesn’t seem to be one that can be fixed easily. These issues point toward a bug with Yosemite which needs to be addressed in a future update.

Those of you who might be experiencing the issue may have luck disabling Bluetooth, turning off Handoff, creating a new Network Location, doing a clean Yosemite install, setting a router to “G-mode only,” turning off Dropbox syncing, disabling WPA router encryption or turning off all proxies in Network preferences. Users have reported various fixes for their issues but no one apparent solution was identified. The one that has seemingly stood out when it comes to “fixes” was swapping to a 2.4 GHz band.

To make matters more confusing, Apple support representatives have supplied users with various fixes that have included removing excess preferred networks and resetting the System Management Controller. If you happen to be one of the many affected and want to spend some time testing and trying some of the aforementioned fixes, we encourage you to make a Time Machine backup before changing anything drastically.

As of right now, there isn’t any word on when a Yosemite update might come as Apple hasn’t released any betas to developers. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Source: Apple (Discussions) via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I am one of the many....Wi-Fi is connected but it will not connect 2 web sites...i have 2 turn it of and than turn it back on for it 2 work...all i can do is wait 4 a patch or update 2 fix it....

Quote Originally Posted by teddy2789 View Post
    I am one of the many....Wi-Fi is connected but it will not connect 2 web sites...i have 2 turn it of and than turn it back on for it 2 work...all i can do is wait 4 a patch or update 2 fix it....
    well my problem with mac mini (late 2014) its not wifi.or network. its on safari youtube videos stop from running, uses a lot . some pages won't load all the way. i have to reload sometimes. speed its fine. 15mps.
    but most of the time its playing videos of youtube . also home sharing its not working even on iOS 8.1 airplay its not working, from mac to iphone or from iphone to ipad. its was ok with may hack, but i desired to buy i mac mini and its not working.

I’m shocked to read this article, i brought up WiFi issues back on beta 2
    when i was not able to use 2.4GHz, at that time i found out part of the problem was CC Photo shop i called adobe up
    and they addressed the problem right away and it was identified as a fault as the CC was setup for Mavericks
    i also worked on the dark mode which was interlinked with everything on the dark mod bar however the fault was in system Pref
    and that was fixed.

If any of you are looking for a beta coming out you will have a long wait
    this current OS X is almost bugles

i think little update fixes are more likely, one that I’m now looking at is Air Drop
    iv noticed that blue teeth comes on whit it clearly stats turn on WiFi
    this problem i have is all my apple stuff is blue teeth mouse KB and TP
    so what iv done now is buy the apple USB KB and USB mouse turn off the TP and turn off Blue T
    now I’m set up to test.

I’v just ran the test and the WIFi comes on as all the blue teeth are all off
    however wee need Air Drop to work with Blue teeth, so ill get on to the apple programmers about this
    this is just a quick test to give me a idea what to do next

anyway & however i keep saying beta software/firmware can do a lot of hard ware damage
    iv just had my Virgin router swapped out for a new one
    now what iv noticed is leaving the router SSD as standard this means not changing the name
    or putting the SSD into stealth mode this mode is hiding the network completely & also leaving the passwords alone also
    for both 2.4GHz & 5GHz.

now with a new router i’m hitting supper fast speeds it locks onto the right GHz for each device
    my iPhone 6 Plus wood not lock onto 5GHz it always went onto 2.4GHz
    now the other thing i found as i have all the router point's full
    after i removed them all and left in the one router cable before i had the router changed for a new one
    i found that the phone was able to lock into 5GHz and it works with the new router even better
    however my phone WiFI is rubbish no matter where i go
    if i go into Costa for Coffee its still the same
    i even went and changed the chip for a new one thinking it might be that, what is the problem a very bad programmed IO S 8
    i never worked on this as i did not have a phone and i did not have the time as i was spending 6 hours a day on Yosemite

at the end of the day i’m not happy with apple’s WiFi issues these should have been fixed
    the reason i though these were fixed is my system is mental fast 150Meg on WiFi 160Meg on cable
    and i don’t have any problems what so ever my system looks perfect so i don’t have anything to bounce off

i think what might help is, have a look at your router decable it reboot it i mean guys when did you last reboot your router
    this should be done twice a week i wood also reset the router back to default most routers have a small hole
    use a ball point pen or your pin that came with your phone pad pod and don’t change anything
    your settings are on the back of your router to use to get back into and read the passwords to set up WiFi
    iv got a funny feeling that things might improve

This article was a long time coming. My wifi on Yosemite is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy2789 View Post
    It looks like your NUM LOCk is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    I’m shocked to read this article, i brought up WiFi issues back on beta 2
    when i was not able to use 2.4GHz, at that time i found out part of the problem was CC Photo shop i called adobe up
    and they addressed the problem right away and it was identified as a fault as the CC was setup for Mavericks
    i also worked on the dark mode which was interlinked with everything on the dark mod bar however the fault was in system Pref
    and that was fixed.
    I reported, along with thousands of others, this issue during the beta period and they didn't fix it, so Apple must not be that concerned. Unfortunately, I don' have any RJ45 in my home so I am out of luck.
    Last edited by turdsmoka; 2014-11-01 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    This article was a long time coming. My wifi on Yosemite is a mess.

It looks like your NUM LOCk is still on.

I reported, along with thousands of others, this issue during the beta period and they didn't fix it, so Apple must not be that concerned. Unfortunately, I don' have any RJ45 in my home so I am out of luck.
    how did you manage to run WiFi if you don't have a router all router s have RJ45 connection

i did say WiFi and cable and, i DONT HAVE ANY ISUES WITH MY SYSTEM
    there is a good chance that you have a hard ware fault did you sent your unit back to apple to be tested
    it wasn't thousands of others either as you don't have person to person programming talks like i do SO THERE IS NO WAY OF YOU NOING THAT EITHER

this is what i call jealousy that's all it is I'm trying to give you some info on what you could do

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    how did you manage to run WiFi if you don't have a router all router s have RJ45 connection

i did say WiFi and cable and, i DONT HAVE ANY ISUES WITH MY SYSTEM
    there is a good chance that you have a hard ware fault did you sent your unit back to apple to be tested
    it wasn't thousands of others either as you don't have person to person programming talks like i do SO THERE IS NO WAY OF YOU NOING THAT EITHER

this is what i call jealousy that's all it is I'm trying to give you some info on what you could do
    Hey, Professor... Use some punctuation.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fimeg For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2014-11-01)