Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Wallet to Update With New Features After New Apple Pay Success

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google Wallet to Update With New Features After New Apple Pay Success

After Apple’s recent success with new mobile payments system, Apple Pay, Google has announced that they would be adding new features to its Google Wallet payments system. The first new feature for users is always being able to have money to spend and use in their Google Wallet by setting up automatic bank transfers. Weekly, bi-weekly and monthly deposits can be made and cancelled at any point during the transfers.

Next is a new ‘low balance’ feature that will be added to the Google Wallet app. In this new feature, notifications will be sent when a balance goes under a specific amount. Users will be able to set up the number to their liking of when they want the alert to go off.

To set up a recurring transfer, go to “Add money” then select “Set up a recurring transfer”
    To set up Low Balance alerts, open the Google Wallet app and touch“Low Balance alert” from the Wallet Balance screen.
    Those on iOS and Android devices can both use Google Wallet but the payment service is only available currently in the U.S. With Google Wallet, you can send and receive payments. The mentioned features won’t be available until something this week on both iOS and Android devices in the U.S.

Source: Google
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-10-30 at 08:45 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I don't think Apple Pay can be considered a "success" just yet. Just in my home we have about 20 credit cards between us and none of them are accepted by Apple Pay.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I don't think Apple Pay can be considered a "success" just yet. Just in my home we have about 20 credit cards between us and none of them are accepted by Apple Pay.
    dam you might want to look into buying coin you want to lessen what you carry
    Last edited by plcrules; 2014-10-30 at 04:05 PM.

Wow, I didn't even realize G Wallet was an actual separate account you have to deposit money into. I thought it was just a means of using your own cards and accounts. That's kind of annoying. I wonder what the issuing bank is for G Wallet and if it's FDIC insured, since not just anyone can create consumer deposit accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Do those 20 cards have 20 different bank issuers? Otherwise your statement sounds pretty inflated. And why do you bother with 20 credit cards???

Despite your anecdotal evidence, I would point out that Apple Pay has the top 4 US banks, and after you get past number 4 the size shrinks down really fast. Number 5 is 1/4 the size of number 4. And the top 4 40% BIGGER than banks 4-50! On top of that, they also have number 6, 8, 9, 14 and more!

I'd call that a pretty good kickoff in terms of partners! But go ahead and poo poo it all you want. Whatever makes you feel better.