Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Watch to Reportedly Need Daily Charging According to Tim Cook

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Watch to Reportedly Need Daily Charging According to Tim Cook

Apple’s highly anticipated Apple Watch has yet to have any major announcements or an exact date for the official release after unveiling it last month. Apple CEO Tim Cook however, was able to provide a small detail on the unreleased wearable device that was not mentioned before at the recent WSJD Live Conference. Cook spoke about Apple Pay, Apple TV, and more at the California based event. The new piece of information released by Cook was that consumers would use it so much that the device would need daily charging. According to WSJ,

"You're going to wind up charging it daily," he said, declining to provide a specific battery life for the device as Apple is still examining how people use it.
    Previous rumors circulated the web showing concern for the wearable device in that Apple was having complications with the watch lasting longer than one day. The Cupertino-based company was looking for the watch to last somewhere between 3-4 days, but it seems like that won’t be the case with Cook’s most recent comment. Cook would not provide any other piece of information in regards to the watch’s dimensions, cost, or exact specifications. In this case, we guess we will have to wait to find out more about the Apple Watch when it’s closer to the release date.

Source: The Wall Street Journal
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-10-28 at 10:46 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

wow, more expensive and daily charging, you got really winner Apple... oh oh the best part lets call it the Apple Watch... what a stellar name.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't like the look of this watch. It's too thick and the rounded edges are not cool looking. I'll pass until they come out with a better design.

I charge my phone daily. Why not my watch? When you take it off for the night you simply set it on the charger.
    The issue would be if it won't last a fully day with heavy usage.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kotin6006 For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-10-28), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-28), StaceyMJ86 (2014-10-29)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin6006 View Post
    I charge my phone daily. Why not my watch? When you take it off for the night you simply set it on the charger.
    My thoughts exactly LOL. +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exactly. People just need something to complain about.

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Watch to Reportedly Need Daily Charging According to Tim Cook
    When they debut I will be getting one. I don't mind the daily charging as I charge my phone once a day anyway. Plus I have 1 mophie portable charger and 2 smaller back up portable chargers I bought off eBay, so I don't stress about battery life.
    Last edited by StaceyMJ86; 2014-10-29 at 08:56 PM.

I currently charge neither my phone nor my smart watch daily, in fact my watch gets charged maybe once a week. Battery life is very important on a device like a watch, what if you unexpectedly need to spend a night somewhere? Would you be happy not knowing the time when you wake up in the morning?
    With a smart watch that is larger and far more expensive than some of its competitors, Apple should be doing everything they can to make sure the battery lasts at least a few days.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spinal_cord For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (2014-10-29)

Quote Originally Posted by spinal_cord View Post
    I currently charge neither my phone nor my smart watch daily, in fact my watch gets charged maybe once a week. Battery life is very important on a device like a watch, what if you unexpectedly need to spend a night somewhere? Would you be happy not knowing the time when you wake up in the morning?
    With a smart watch that is larger and far more expensive than some of its competitors, Apple should be doing everything they can to make sure the battery lasts at least a few days.
    I stand with you on this. +1

At $349 I think at least 3-4 days minimum on a single charge is acceptable. In the end I know it's gonna be how we manage the notifications that get forwarded to the watch,but still for $349 daily charging is unacceptable for a watch.... ANY WATCH!

Looking forward to seeing how useful the Apple Watch will be to us, but until it's water proof and I can shower with it I won't be getting one.

Thanks

I would have to agree.. A watch that only lasts 24 hours is bogus. Should last at least 48-72 hours a cycle. Also, they keep showcasing the gold Apple Watch..its the thickest of all three versions. The other two are not as thick. The watch is going to have to do a lot for me to even consider purchasing one..i currently don't wear a watch as I have a phone that tells the time.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely see both sides of this. I charge my devices at least once a day, why not my watch? On the other hand, right now I don't even need to worry about taking my watch off to sleep, it'd just be something else to remember to do. Also, I thought one of the big things for smart watches was that they could monitor your sleep patterns, which is one of the things I was kinda excited about with this.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I charge my phone (nexus 4) about every 3 days. The ipad every 4-5 days. Why would I want a device that if one night I forget to charge it it does not work the other day? Weird what people are willing to put up with.