Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Plus Owners Reporting Issues with Unexplained Crashes

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 6 Plus Owners Reporting Issues with Unexplained Crashes

Many iPhone 6 Plus users are reportedly have issues with unexplained crashes and their devices entering a reboot loop. At this point, many users end up taking it to Apple to get serviced, which is when Apple tends to swap their device out for a new one. Some of the users who are experiencing such issues are already on their fourth replacement iPhone 6 Plus.

As of yet, no one has discovered the exact trigger causing the issue though iPhone 6 Plus owners posting to the thread claim to have nailed down a few common factors including: 128 GB iPhone 6 plus, more than 700 installed apps, apps can crash without user interaction.

Some users are blaming Appleís hardware since the most recent version of iOS didnít seem to fix the issue while others are still claiming itís a software issue at heart. Originally users thought that a quick restore would resolve the issue but after some users made multiple attempts and nothing changed, this theory we debunked. It could potentially be app incompatibility with iOS 8 but with so many apps to review, identifying such a theory would be difficult to accomplish.

Certain people did find that turning on the Display Zoom function helped to alleviate the number of crashes that occurred but the method is one that is far from proven. The number of people affected by the crashing issue remains unknown but the Apple Support Communities thread suggests that the issue isnít one that is widespread. Itís likely that this is the case because the number of people who fit the criteria of having a 126 GB iPhone 6 Plus with over 700 apps installed is likely a much smaller niche when compared to the number of iPhone 6 users as a whole.

Have any of you experienced such issues?

Source: Apple (Discussions) via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

2 friends and I all have the 6 iPhone plus...so far no issues...this or the bluetooth issue either. the phones have been great

Wait, what?

There are iPhone 6 pluses that are available in stores for swapping for people who have iPhone 6 pluses?

The **** kinda ******** is this?

Look at this ****!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've had a few apps just close for no reason(Facebook, Gmail, Twitter), but thats about it.

Nothing like my Note 3 which crashed about 2 times a day.

Who has 700+ apps installed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you have 700+ apps on your phone your life has crashed

Lol!!!

That may be but users should be able to install as many apps as they want without running into any kind of problem. There shouldn't be any kind of limitation. I also blame Apple for giving us only a measly 1gb worth of ram.
    Last edited by swifty7; 2014-10-24 at 06:42 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iPhone 6 w 637 apps, 14,423 pics, 132 videos.... I soft crash every now and then and a few apps have closed out, but nothing major. *fingers crossed*.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Wait, what?

There are iPhone 6 pluses that are available in stores for swapping for people who have iPhone 6 pluses?

The **** kinda ******** is this?

Look at this ****!
    and? need to have spares on hand. This is normal. Quality control 101..

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

I had 1 or 2 reboots of my 6+ with iOS 8.0. Was definitely a software issue (iOS or Apps, how know's).
    No reason to replace the hardware ?!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have the 16GB version and apps crashes quite often actually.
    Not reporting it because don't care to waste my time to do it.
    Reboot my device quite a few times already because of weird stuff happening.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Something like this was happening to me. I had a regular iPhone 6 though, 128 gig. What would happen is when my battery got around 40%, if I was still using it, tapping certain things would cause the phone to crash, reboot twice, then give me a dead battery screen. And anything could cause this, as long as I performed a tappable action of any kind. Couldn't hard reset it. Had to plug it in. After about 30 seconds of being plugged in it would boot back up at 40% again. This happened more than half of the days I've had the phone so far, and it's been over 2 weeks. Got it swapped today. We'll see what happens.

My 6+ did that reboot loop but only the first day. I've used it for 2 months now and it hasn't returned.