Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bose Products No Longer Found in Apple's Online Store

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Bose Products No Longer Found in Apple's Online Store

After the news of the lawsuit between Apple’s Beats and Bose being settled, all Bose products (both headphones and speakers) have been removed from Apple’s online store. The rumor originally surfaced a week ago claiming that the Cupertino California company was planning to remove Bose products from its stores. This past Friday, Apple ended up doing exactly that.

Previously, 17 Bose products including speakers and headphones were in Apple’s Online Store. For those of you who didn’t know, Bose’s noise-canceling technology that prompted the company to file a lawsuit against Beats in July accusing its Studio and Studio Wireless lineup of infringing on its patents. Just a week ago, Bose announced that it had settled its patent infringing lawsuit against Apple’s Beats.

It wasn’t mentioned if the removal of Bose products from Apple’s store was part of the terms of settlement or whether there was something else at play. The settlement between Beats and Bose continues to remain confidential. It could possibly be that Apple wanted to just spotlight its own brand instead of selling its competitor’s products as well. The other reason for the move can quite possibly be the fact that Apple’s Beats and Bose have been in the limelight for issues with sponsorship deals. This comes in part with the NFL recently banning its players from wearing Beats headsets since Bose was considered the official audio sponsor of the league.

Source: Apple Store via SlashGear

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I never liked Bose products, their idea that bunches of little speakers can produce better sound than my kenwood systems 15" woofers is faulty.

There was one speaker system of theirs I liked, but that was way back in 1985, they haven't made any as good as those since.

Well I love my Bose Quiet Comfort 2 headphones. Had them for over 10 years and the sound is incredible.

Bose is top notch quality, I have a few of their products including Quiet Comfort headphones which are awesome. Beats are bulky and no where as good in crystal sound. Yes I've compared them. Beats are a fad.. Only thing I like Apple is their iPhones, they are too restrictive and their iPads a less to be desired as their competitors blow right over them in features. You think their iPads might one day come out with usb or other ports....

Thanks

Nothing wrong with Bose headphones at all. I prefer them over Beats. Just my opinion of course.