Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Judge in GT Advanced Technologies Bankruptcy Case Doesn't See the Need for Secrecy

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Judge in GT Advanced Technologies Bankruptcy Case Doesn't See the Need for Secrecy

According to recent reports from the folks over at Reuters, Judge Boroff questioned the need to grand Apple’s motion to seal documents in the ongoing GT Advanced bankruptcy proceedings. Boroff said the following regarding the matter:

I've got a foot-high stack of documents, and it can't be that it all must be sealed.
    Apple is arguing that evidence and its filed objections include sensitive research and development details along with secret business dealings that need to be kept out of the public’s view. A bit of information which was already revealed as part of GTAT’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing were Apple’s supplier non-disclosure agreements, for which there appears to be a $50 million penalty for each instance of leaking details about an unreleased product.

According to the jurist, Apple is coming off as a disgruntled homeowner who doesn’t seem to be satisfied with results of a construction project. Boroff said the following regarding his analogy:

I'm seeing what looks incredibly like a construction suit, where a homeowner says to the contractor, 'It didn't come out the way I wanted to,' and the contractor says, 'Well, it would have come out that way if you didn't continue to change the specifications.’
    Although the details remain unknown, rumors claim that Apple wasn’t happy with the quality of GTAT’s sapphire material yield. Furthermore, the production goals required for payment weren’t being met either. The Cupertino California company even tried to help GTAT qualify for the last $139 million payment but the company still felt short of meeting te requirements. On its behalf, GTAT stated that contracts with Apple were “oppressive and burdensome.”

We’ll have to wait and see what happens going forward. As of right now GT Advanced Technologies has announced plans to wind down plant operations at its sapphire production facilities and Apple appears to be dedicated to keeping jobs at its Mesa, Arizona sapphire plant.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Doesn't look like your gonna be able to pay off this judge, Crapple. Sounds like this guy is paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Doesn't look like your gonna be able to pay off this judge, Crapple. Sounds like this guy is paying attention.
    This +1

had to put bry2k2 on ignore, can't stand that samsuck paid troll, always dropping the hate on Apple. WTF is he here for?! dnmbass

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    had to put bry2k2 on ignore, can't stand that samsuck paid troll, always dropping the hate on Apple. WTF is he here for?! dnmbass
    How do you add someone to ignore? I can't seem to find it.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    How do you add someone to ignore? I can't seem to find it.
    Click on their username, you'll see an option to add them to your ignore list

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Click on their username, you'll see an option to add them to your ignore list
    Do I need to be on PC? I'm on the app and don't see that option.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Do I need to be on PC? I'm on the app and don't see that option.
    Idk about the App but shows up in mobile safari browser.