Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor Has it Christian Bale to PlaySteve Jobs in Aaron Sorkin Film

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rumor Has it Christian Bale to PlaySteve Jobs in Aaron Sorkin Film

Rumors are circulating the web that Christian Bale may be portraying previous Apple CEO Steve Jobs in Sorkin’s upcoming film, according to Variety. Variety also reported that Bale may be starting the film in Spring of next year:

Oscar-winner Christian Bale, who has played Batman and Moses, is about to take on another iconic figure: Steve Jobs.

Sources confirm the actor is in talks to star in “Jobs,” Sony’s biopic about the late Apple co-founder. Based on Walter Isaacson’s biography “Steve Jobs,” the real-life drama is directed by Danny Boyle and written by Aaron Sorkin.

Insiders say Bale would likely shoot “Jobs” in the spring and follow it up with ‘The Deep Blue Goodbye.”
    Popular actor Leonardo DiCaprio was apparently supposed to take on the lead role, but decided to withdraw earlier in the month. David Fincher, who directed ‘The Social Network’ a few years back was supposed to direct Sorkin’s film, but that changed as well. Now, director for hit movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, Danny Boyle, will be in charge of the biopic. When Fincher was rumored to direct the biopic, he stated he was going to target Bale to portray Jobs’ character due to the physical similarities between the two. So it seems like the only thing that ended up working out from the start is coming back to Bale to play the lead character.

Material for Sorkin’s film will be taken from Walter Isaacon’s biography of Steve Jobs and will be very different from Ashton Kutcher’s ‘JOBS’ movie. There is not yet a release date for the upcoming film, we will keep you posted when more news comes out. Will you be watching the movie? Let us know.

Source: Variety

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thank you God for letting a genius like Aaron Sorkin tell this story!

Wasn't one movie enough for that goofball.

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Wasn't one movie enough for that goofball.
    If you want to talk s#it, why don't you try getting your facts straight first? There's been more than one movie about Steve Jobs.

Bale would probably insist on losing 50lbs for the role in order to play Jobs post-cancer. He's crazy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    If you want to talk s#it, why don't you try getting your facts straight first? There's been more than one movie about Steve Jobs.
    Thats far more then there should be then.

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Thats far more then there should be then.
    Why are you here again?

And I haven't seen Jobs, but I heard it wasn't all that great. Not surprised, considering it was Kutcher starring. Guess I'll go watch it now.