Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HBO to Offer Web-Only Streaming Subscription in 2015

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default HBO to Offer Web-Only Streaming Subscription in 2015

Love HBO? Well, we have great news for you- customers will no longer need to have cable subscription in order to watch the popular HBO channel. According to Re/code, HBO’s CEO Richard Plepler made the official statement at Time Warner’s investors presentation that’s held every year. Re/code stated the following”

Plepler said the company will go “beyond the wall” and launch a “stand-alone, over the top” version of HBO in the U.S. next year, and would work with “current partners,” and may work with others as well.
    Currently, Apple is one of HBO’s partners and it has been rumored in the past that the Cupertino-based company wants to target HBO for Apple TV service. The channel’s chief executive however, has never responded to such rumors. Those who have Apple TV or any iOS device, can get HBO Go (HBO’s current web streaming service) when paying for additional cable subscription and paid subscription to the network. Streaming service has gotten bigger and bigger in today’s day and age, so this is definitely something exciting. Are you looking forward to this change? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Re/code

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

ah, yes, can't wait till we have a la carte TV!

Yes Yes i been waiting for this so i can cut the cord from Dish, Now All i need is History and FX

Thanks

You mean i pay for what i want to watch?? Finally!