Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sending Invites to October 16th Event, Catchphrase: "It's Been Way Too Long"

Default Apple Sending Invites to October 16th Event, Catchphrase: "It's Been Way Too Long"

The Cupertino-based Apple, Inc. is now officially sending invites to the upcoming October 16th special event. The event will take place in Cupertino, California at the Apple Campus on October 16th at 1 P.M. EST, as per the usual time schedule for an Apple special event.

Apple's new catchphrase with this special event is "It's been way too long," which humorously points out the fact that Apple just had an event on September 9th, but still has more cool stuff to show off.

Apple is expected to reveal details about the upcoming OS X Yosemite 10.10 operating system for desktop systems, which will be a free upgrade for Mac OS X users. The operating system includes a variety of brand-new features, which work great with iOS 8, as well as a redesigned aesthetic for the user interface.

Other spotlights at this event may include a new iPad Air 2, which pictures reveal will have Touch ID as well as a thinner body, a new lineup of Mac computers, and perhaps even a refreshed iPod touch.

Stay tuned and we'll have the latest!

Sources: The Verge

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone else find it interesting that the invite uses the old Apple rainbow colors? This isn't the first reappearance of such in recent history either - think they're going to go back to the retro icon at some point?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Since an ipod refresh or decent new iPad? Why yes, yes it has been far too long.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

the moment I saw "its been way too long", I immediately thought apple TV

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liverjello For This Useful Post:

rickuk (2014-10-08), SpiderManAPV (2014-10-08)

Quote Originally Posted by PCYoda View Post
    Anyone else find it interesting that the invite uses the old Apple rainbow colors? This isn't the first reappearance of such in recent history either - think they're going to go back to the retro icon at some point?
    Wouldn't bet on them changing the logo back, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the refreshed devices feature colorful options.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sabrefresco For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-08)

Um...could it mean Steve Wozniak is coming back to Apple? *crossing fingers*

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magusxxx View Post
    Um...could it mean Steve Wozniak is coming back to Apple? *crossing fingers*
    Why?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Why?
    Creative Consultant *shrug*

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magusxxx For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-08)

It's been way too long...since Apple was an innovative company. Bigger screens and NFC is not innovation...it is catch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    It's been way too long...since Apple was an innovative company. Bigger screens and NFC is not innovation...it is catch-up.
    Innovative refreshes for its MacBook line? Maybe. Thinner, faster, longer lasting iPads? That still falls under innovation, not just improvements. Apple seems to have played all their major cards for this year, so I don't suppose it would be something major.

U right its been way too long, cause I'm still waiting on my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB....

Apple TV and Mac Mini seem like the obvious products to update. I would have added iPod Classic had they not quietly killed it off already. (You deserved better, iPod Classic!)

I don’t think anything event-worthy will be happening with the Mini, so it must be a big change with the Apple TV. We already know there will be some big HomeKit integration that will probably be event-worthy. Hopefully third party apps and some other exciting integrations as well.

Maybe we’ll get an iPad refresh as a “one more thing” but again, other than adding Touch ID and maybe slightly adjusting the size and weight I can’t imagine anything event-worthy for the iPad alone.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Alright everyone. We all know that trolls feed off of attention. If you keep feeding them, theyt don't go away. So please, just stop responding to this guy and the handful of others. Personally, when I see his screen name I don't read the comment at all! It's not worth my time to read it, and it's not worth yours to read it or reply to it.

Let's all agree to just stop reading and replying so he will whither and die. And even if he keeps commenting, we can just have a nice laught at the time he wastes on writing comments we skip right over.
    Last edited by fleurya; 2014-10-09 at 04:47 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-09)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"which humorously points out the fact that Apple just had an event on September 9th"

Not at all. iPad announcements were just after the iPhone announcements for at least the last 2 years. This announcement is 100% expected 1 year after the previous one.