Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: NFL Players No Longer Allowed to Wear Beats Headphones in Front of Cameras

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,897
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 200 Times in 179 Posts

    Default NFL Players No Longer Allowed to Wear Beats Headphones in Front of Cameras


    For those who didnít know, many Beats commercials used popular athletes to help market their well-known headphones. Many times, these commercials marketed the fact that Beats headphones can tune out a lot of outside distractions when athletes are getting ready to play an important game. However, it has been recently reported by Re/code that the NFL has signed a new deal with Bose. With this new contract, NFL players are no longer allowed to wear Beats headphones when in sight of T.V. cameras. Training camp interviews, game and practice sessions, before games and up until an hour and a half after games are all included on the limitations.

    According to a Beats spokesperson,

    Over the last few years athletes have written Beats into their DNA as part of the pre-game ritual. Music can have a significant positive effect on an athleteís focus and mental preparedness and has become as important to performance as any other piece of equipment.
    Beats had commercials not only with NFL athletes Richard Sherman and Colin Kaepernick, but also with World Cup stars. During the World Cup, Beats had a commercial titled ĎThe Game Before The GameĒ which featured many different athletes. However, Sony was the sponsored company and also had a similar restriction, banning players from using Beats headphones within the arenas.

    Source: Re/code

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!

  3. #3
    crappy headphones for a crappy quarterback

  4. #4
    Now I want to buy a pair of Beats just because of this kind of BS.

  5. #5
    doesn't matter what brand anything athletes wear, they get paid for it, regardless if it's brand x, y, or z. Those that fall for that kind of stuff will change to whatever they wear/use.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
    +1

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 430 Times in 265 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
    ++1 The only reason I would wear them is if I was paid. Sound quality is horrible compared to Bose and others of equal value. At the same time, kind of sad that you cannot wear the headphones of your choice.

  8. #8
    What's Jailbreak? JDavisMedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
    That sounds pretty opinionated to me.. I use my Beats Pro's for audio in my work, as I am a film editor. And I most definitely love the quality of the sound they deliver. Maybe it's not your preference, but that doesn't automatically mean they "suck".

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JDavisMedia View Post
    That sounds pretty opinionated to me.. I use my Beats Pro's for audio in my work, as I am a film editor. And I most definitely love the quality of the sound they deliver. Maybe it's not your preference, but that doesn't automatically mean they "suck".
    The great thing about the internet/America is I'm aloud to be opionated, and as you can see from the other posts I'm not the only one who thinks Beats headphone's suck! Yeah they might look cool, but that's about all they have going for them. If someone were to do a professional audio test between Beats and Bose (assuming you could find a pair to compare), Bose would win hands down. So yeah, that is my preference.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The athletes wear them because Beats pays them too, or at least I hope they do, i don't know why you'd want to use Beats as your regular headphones...they suck! Now Bose has some amazing headphones, I would much rather use them to prepare for a game!
    Bose was known for crap quality for the price long before Beats was. It's kinda funny that you praise one while insulting the other. True audio enthusiasts know that they both suck.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Bose was known for crap quality for the price long before Beats was. It's kinda funny that you praise one while insulting the other. True audio enthusiasts know that they both suck.
    Word

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Bose was known for crap quality for the price long before Beats was. It's kinda funny that you praise one while insulting the other. True audio enthusiasts know that they both suck.
    First off I never claimed to be an "audio enthusiast" like you say; second the only reason why I brought up Bose is because they were specifically mentioned in the article as the new sponsor for the NFL. If it were my choice between the two I would take Bose over Beats anyday of the week, I guess I don't see why that's funny...oh well!

  13. #13
    Shure and Grado are definitely way better headphones compared to Beats and Bose's sub-par sound quality.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    First off I never claimed to be an "audio enthusiast" like you say; second the only reason why I brought up Bose is because they were specifically mentioned in the article as the new sponsor for the NFL. If it were my choice between the two I would take Bose over Beats anyday of the week, I guess I don't see why that's funny...oh well!
    It's funny because it reveals how LITTLE you know about a comparison you PRETEND to know something about. You not being an enthusiast while pretending to know how they compare is exactly my point, so never having claimed to be one is irrelevant. Newsflash: it was cool to hate on Bose BEFORE it was cool to hate on Beats.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    It's funny because it reveals how LITTLE you know about a comparison you PRETEND to know something about. You not being an enthusiast while pretending to know how they compare is exactly my point, so never having claimed to be one is irrelevant. Newsflash: it was cool to hate on Bose BEFORE it was cool to hate on Beats.
    Lol! You're a moron for still continuing this conversation, I honestly can care less what you think. And NEWSFLASH: hating on either doesn't make you cool and has nothing to do with why I don't like them...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Lol! You're a moron for still continuing this conversation, I honestly can care less what you think. And NEWSFLASH: hating on either doesn't make you cool and has nothing to do with why I don't like them...
    I think you mean that you could NOT care less, otherwise it means that you do care a little.

    I am calling you out for jumping on a bandwagon. Like it or not, the fact that you did this without knowledge or experience indicates that you did so because the bandwagon is popular ("cool"). You heard that Beats were crap and you jumped to the closest alternative without even considering if it was also crap. *I* am the one who doesn't care if it makes cool or not.

    I've never owned any audio-enthusiast gear and never owned Bose and never owned Beats. I spent $5,000 on my television and have no surround sound setup. Why? Because my hearing sucks and I am not about to spend thousands on equipment I can't properly enjoy.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •