Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hands-on Demo of Continuity and Handoff Between OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 [Video]

Default Hands-on Demo of Continuity and Handoff Between OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 [Video]

One of the biggest new features of Apple's new iOS 8 operating system for its mobile devices is Continuity, a feature that lets your iOS 8 device communicate in real time with your Mac OS X Yosemite machine via iCloud so that you can easy perform common tasks on any of your devices and then pick up on another one.

Since Continuity requires not only an iOS 8 device, but also a Mac running OS X Yosemite, you can't access the feature just yet (unless you have a pre-release version of the operating system right now). At this point in time, OS X Yosemite is currently in public beta and developer testing. It will be released to the public some time this Fall, most likely in the middle of October.

Continuity lets you do many things, but perhaps one of the coolest is the ability to answer your iPhone's phone calls and SMS messages right from your Mac OS X Yosemite machine, or other iOS 8 devices. This is a feature that has, until now, been limited only to FaceTime/FaceTime Audio and iMessages.

It also comes with a handy feature called Handoff, which allows you to perform an action on one device, and continue it on another. For example, you can begin reading a Web site on your iOS 8 device, and then continue reading it on your Mac, or you can begin composing an e-mail on your iOS 8 device, and then continue composing it on your Mac.

You can check out our sneak-peek video demonstrations of some of the Continuity features below:

Continuity includes one final feature – the ability for your Mac to automatically mooch off of your iOS 8 device's cellular connection using the Personal Hotspot feature built into the operating system. This will happen automatically when you need internet access on your Mac and you have the feature enabled on your iPhone or cellular iPad.

Are you excited to begin using Continuity?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-28 at 09:34 PM.

Will this work for SMS and not only iMessage? will i be able to use my full SMS system?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
    Will this work for SMS and not only iMessage? will i be able to use my full SMS system?

Thanks
    Yes, this will work for all message types.

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post

Thanks
    Yes. Phone calls as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yes. Phone calls as well.
    Problem with this feature as well as the last handoff/sync feature added is IF you have a family or shared Mac/ipad. Your texts all of a sudden show up on the family device unless you KNOW that is going to happen and shut it off/ create another separate account. My private texts were showing up on my ipad when this feature first appeared while someone in my family was using the ipad. WOOOOOPS! Be aware be careful...

Thanks

Pretty cool! Although the above would be annoying..family members seeing private texts. Maybe they will have profiles soon?