Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which Apple Product is Least Likely to be Refreshed at Oct. Event?

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Which Apple Product is Least Likely to be Refreshed at Oct. Event?

We've heard plenty of chatter in recent days about what Apple has in store for its next media event. And by a very lack of rumors, it's also pretty clear which Apple product is probably least likely to see a refresh in just four weeks.

As MMi reported yesterday, the latest speculation swirling around Apple's supply chain is that the company will roll out a new Mac mini next month. With two years removed from its last hardware update, the Mac mini reboot will likely be well received.

Additionally, of course, the major announcement expected for October 21st is a new set of iPads -- a second-gen iPad Air and yet another new iPad mini with Retina display. So if Mac mini is the appetizer and new iPads represent the main course, what's for dessert?

Don't count on it being a new Apple TV. Despite ample chatter late last year and early in 2014, the rumor mill has been virtually dead-silent of late on talk of a refreshed Apple TV. Although the set-top box hasn't been subjected to a hardware update since March 2014, there are no compelling signs to indicate that a new model will be ready in October.

Nobody cares about the Apple TV. Apple dont really do anything with it and its the only idevice thats never been jailbroken. (ATV3)
    Thats probably why there isn't anything from Apple. As the ATV3 has never been jailbroken there are no extras for it for apple to copy from.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
    Nobody cares about the Apple TV. Apple dont really do anything with it and its the only idevice thats never been jailbroken. (ATV3)
    Thats probably why there isn't anything from Apple. As the ATV3 has never been jailbroken there are no extras for it for apple to copy from.
    WHY do you people always make these comments? I have 3 Apple TV's LOTS of us care about them and they sell phenomenally well! IF nobody cared about them they would not sell! I had mine jailbroken but did not hink Jailbreaking added all that much benefit TO ME. Remember those last two words. Each of us has different desires and benefits from these Apple (and other) devices and the Jailbreaking or not of them. I always Jailbroke ALL of my Apple devices but no longer feel the need to. They suit my needs just fine the way they are.