Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases Safari 7.1 for OS X Mavericks in the Mac App Store

Default Apple Releases Safari 7.1 for OS X Mavericks in the Mac App Store

On Wednesday, Apple released OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 with Safari 7.0.6 to the public with bug fixes and stability improvements. Not even 24 hours later, Apple has just released Safari 7.1 for OS X Mavericks users via the Mac App Store.

Safari 7.1 brings with it some improvements for privacy, compatibility, and security, as the release notes indicate. New features include:

• Built-in support for DuckDuckGo, an Internet search engine that doesn't track users
    • All searches conducted from the Search Field in the Safari Web browser when using the Yahoo! search engine are now encrypted
    • Compatibility with Reader has been improved for Web sites
    • Compatibility with AutoFill has been improved for Web sites

More detailed information about this release can be found on Apple's Web site at this link.

To grab this update, you can head over to the Mac App Store and open the Updates tab, or you can click on the  on your Menu Bar and select "Software Update" to bring up the update. No restart is required to install this update, and it is recommended for all users.

Kinda wish I could go back to Safari 7, or at least Safari 8 in Yosemite PB1.

I don't know what changed in Yosemite PB2 and 3, but ClickToFlash kinda doesn't work anymore with Youtube. What I mean with that is, that Youtube now automatically forces their own html5 player on you, now I can't right click and save videos. Hopefully they update Click2Flash to bypass Youtube's own html5 player.