Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Claims Samsung was Rejected for Apple Watch Display Production

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Report Claims Samsung was Rejected for Apple Watch Display Production

Apple’s new products have definitely taken center stage since their announcement last week, and one of which is the Apple Watch. New reports from DigiTimes are claiming that Apple could have used Samsung as a supplier for their wearable’s display. If you are an Apple enthusiast, you should know by now that Samsung and Apple are big time rivals. According to DigiTimes, Apple turned down Samsung and will instead be using LG:

LG Display will supply Apple AMOLED panels for the Apple Watch, with shipments expected to reach about five million a month in 2015, according to sources at LG Display.
    It was expected for the Cupertino-based company to use two different companies for display production, however, it seems like LG will be taking care of it all. Do note though, all DigiTimes reports should be taken with a grain of salt, considering they rely on anonymous supply-chain sources for news and updates. Analysts are estimating sales for the Apple Watch to be anywhere from 10 million to 37 million, but reports are saying Apple is looking to sell close to 50 million.

Will you be purchasing the Apple Watch and if so, which model are you looking at?

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Make sense from a business standpoint. I am going to wait on the watch until Gen II. Its only going to get better from here on out :]

Glad they didn't give Samsung more business.

Definitely get one, Gold or silver 42mm with the Milanese loop, can't wait....

I seriously doubt Samsung wanted anything to do with their watch business since they already have their own that is already a year and a half ahead of Apple, it would serve no good purpose to Samsung to help Apple at this point, only to have Apple drum up some false claim of copyright infringement to try and harm Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    I seriously doubt Samsung wanted anything to do with their watch business since they already have their own that is already a year and a half ahead of Apple, it would serve no good purpose to Samsung to help Apple at this point, only to have Apple drum up some false claim of copyright infringement to try and harm Samsung.
    Guess you don't know Apple is/was Samsung's biggest customer. How do you think Samsung was able to copy a lot of Apple's designs? They built a lot/most of the parts for Apple.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Guess you don't know Apple is/was Samsung's biggest customer. How do you think Samsung was able to copy a lot of Apple's designs? They built a lot/most of the parts for Apple.
    He's just tryin to stir the pot, leave him be...

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    He's just tryin to stir the pot, leave him be...
    Oh ok. I don't read the forums often enough anymore since I don't really mod my i anymore, so can't really tell when someone's trolling or not. oh well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-09-18)