Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Messages Explorer by Intelliborn is a New iOS Text Message Extractor for Your Computer

Default Messages Explorer by Intelliborn is a new iOS Text Message Extractor for Your Computer

Do you send a lot of text messages or iMessages on your iOS device? – We do!

Over time, your text messages and iMessages, along with any media attachments you may have received, can take up space on your iOS device. You may not want to delete your chat history, but you may want to remove the unwanted files from your iOS device to save the limited space on your iOS device. Your computer, on the other hand, has a much larger storage space available to it, so wouldn't it be nice if you could pull all of the text messages and iMessages off of your iOS device and store them on your computer so that you would be free to delete them from your iOS device without losing them permanently?

A new application for both Mac OS X and Windows by well-known jailbreak development team Intelliborn is now available to download from the Internet called Messages Explorer. It will run on Mac OS X 10.8 or later, as well as Windows 7 and later. Best of all, the application doesn't require a jailbreak, and it will even work with iOS devices running iOS 8, when it officially comes out tomorrow afternoon.

Once you download Messages Explorer, you will get an interface that looks like the one below:

The main interface shows you what iOS devices are connected to your computer, or have available backups locally stored on your computer, on the left side of the interface. In this case, my iPhone 5 is the only one, so when I click on it, I am brought to a screen that shows me my device's name, the type of device that it is, whether or not it's trusted, whether or not it's connected, and its serial number.

Below all the information, the application offers three separate extraction methods for retrieving the text messages and iMessages from your iOS device and letting you store them locally on your computer:

• Import via downloading files (uses AFC2 [Apple File Conduit 2] and FileRelay)
    • Import via a back-up
    • Extract from an iTunes back-up file locally stored on your computer

Most of you will find that the first option, "Import via downloading all message files" will be one of the easiest ways to do this, however it requires that you have your iOS device plugged in. If you don't have your iOS device, or your sync cable handy, you can opt to use the iTunes back-up method, and this will extract all of the text messages and iMessages from the iTunes back-up file on your computer. Please note that because you may have sent and received text messages since the last time you backed up your iOS device using iTunes, this may not recover all of your messages; only the ones that were backed up the last time you backed up using iTunes.

Once you click on the "Extract Messages" button, the text messages and iMessages on your iOS device will be downloaded to your computer and displayed for you:

From this interface, you can move between text message thread views to read your messages. You can also use one of two navigation buttons at the top of the interface. The one on the left side lets you go back to the text message and iMessage extraction interface, and the one on the right lets you Export your text messages and iMessages to a directory on your computer (to save them on your computer).

When you click on the "Export to Directory" button, you will be taken to a directory on your computer. You can choose any folder on your computer that you want to save your messages to. In our case, we created a folder on our Desktop called "Messages Backup September 16" and we chose to save them there:

Then, click on the "Open" button for your files to be saved there:

As you can see, your files are saved in a very organized manner. We had two conversations going on our iPhone 5 – one with Akshay Masand, and one with Mitch Stevens. Messages Explorer was smart enough to give us the option of viewing our text message and iMessage history on a per-contact basis, or letting us see all of our text messages and iMessages in the same window. These files are stored as HTML files, and will open in your Web browser when you double-click on them:

From here, the interface should resemble the Messages application interface on your iOS device, and it will be easy for you to switch between conversations and look through your chatting history. A search feature is also included on the left side of the interface, which makes searching for older messages a breeze. That's all there is to it!

Messages Explorer will work great with iOS 8 users because iOS 8 allows users to automatically delete text messages and iMessages after a specific period of time to prevent unwanted storage space consumption – Messages Explorer will let you store your text messages and iMessages locally on your Mac or PC even though they're being deleted from your iOS device. Note that iOS 7 and earlier are also supported – and every iOS device, whether it's an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, is supported.

Messages Explorer is normally a $19.99 purchase from Intelliborn's Web site; however, Intelliborn is running a limited time 50% off sale for only $9.99.

Now, we can do even better than that. For the next 3 days, ModMyi readers can purchase Messages Explorer for only 99 using the promotional code ModMy99Cents at check out. That's right folks – you lovely readers can download Messages Explorer for only 5% of the retail price for the next 3 days – thanks for your support!

You can watch our video review below:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-09-17 at 01:45 AM.

Cool application, this will help me save LOADS of space. I still have my first text message from the very first iPhone. For some reason I dont want to delete them.

PS - That code actually made the price 0.00, not 0.99. Pretty cool!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Sweet Just downloaded Cant go wrong for just .99

Quote Originally Posted by anmiller07 View Post
    Cool application, this will help me save LOADS of space. I still have my first text message from the very first iPhone. For some reason I dont want to delete them.

Mine is still .99. But still, good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by anmiller07 View Post
    Oops!

That has been fixed!

Those using the code will now have to pay 99.

Hi - Purchased this, and having an issue LOADING it. It wont open whatsoever.

Crashes on startup.
    running OS 10.8.4 over here... damn it! anyone else having this issue?

Application wont load ! anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by andrewe13; 2014-09-16 at 08:26 PM.

This would have been helpful to me a few months ago, lol

Purchased! I'm looking forward to giving it a shot this evening.

Excuse my ignorance, but... won't the messages app in Yosemite do all of this?

Seems like Intelliborn is trying to drum up some last minute business? I don't know.
    Last edited by staRang; 2014-09-17 at 06:17 AM.

I guess the code ModMy99Cents no longer works. Just tried it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by staRang View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but... won't the messages app in Yosemite do all of this?

Seems like Intelliborn is trying to drum up some last minute business? I don't know.
    I'm not sure if that's the case.

This application will save all of your text messages as HTML files to be backed up for your own convenience. That includes iMessages AND SMS messages, with their attachments.