Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Part 2 of Tim Cook's Interview With Charlie Rose Discusses Privacy

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Part 2 of Tim Cook's Interview With Charlie Rose Discusses Privacy

Tim Cook recently did a two-part interview with Charlie Rose where part one was aired on Friday and part two aired on Monday evening. Cook spoke about his personal values, the Cupertino-based company’s privacy thoughts, and the force behind the company itself in part two. The CEO continued by claiming that Apple tries to get as little customer information as possible because “people have a right to privacy.” According to Cook,

Our view is that when we design a new service we try not to collect data. So we're not reading your email. We're not reading your iMessage. If the government laid a subpoena on us to get your iMessages, we can't provide it. It's encrypted and we don't have a key.

Our business is based on selling [products]. Our business is not based on having information about you. You are not our product. Like previously stated, Cook says that no one has backdoor access to Apple's servers. "We would never allow that to happen, they would have to cart us out in a box before we would do that..."
    Cook also stated that he believes everyone should be treated equally regardless of gender, color, religion, and more. He stated that he’s a strong believer in treating others with respect and dignity. And finally, he claimed that the force behind Apple is to change the world and improve people’s lives.

You know, I was at -- I was at Compaq at a time where the objective was to become a $40 billion company. Well, employees don't get excited about that. This isn't something you wake up and you go, "I'm going to take the hill today to do 40" -- I mean, you know? It's just not that. But changing the world? These are the things that people work for. And this pushes people. And so, this is who we are as people. And it's the values of our company. It's been the values of our company forever. And it's to Steve's credit. He put these values in the company... I know I probably said it too many times, but it's a privilege of a lifetime to be there, because I think there's no place like it on Earth.
    The interview along with the statements Cook has made about privacy might ease the several people, publications, and companies trying to express concerns about Apple and privacy. It’s an important time for Apple to address these concerns, since the company experienced a celebrity iCloud photo breach just recently. Also, the company recently announced Apple Pay, a mobile payment initiative which needs to prove itself in the industry. We’ll have to wait and see what people continue to say and if Apple can prove itself going forward.

Source: YouTube
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-09-16 at 07:25 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand