Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook: Apple is Working on Things That Haven't Yet Been "Rumored About"

Default Tim Cook: Apple is Working on Things That Haven't Yet Been "Rumored About"

If you think Apple is only in the market to make iPhones, iPods, iPads, and Macs, think again. Apple is always working on new products that could one day see the light including the recently-unveiled Apple Watch.

Apple CEO Tim Cook told Charlie Rose that Apple is always working on throwing ideas around for working on new products. Cook also notes that they're even secretly working on some projects right now that haven't been leaked to the rumor mill yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Cook
    There are products that we're working on that no one knows about, yes. That haven't been rumored about yet. Yes. And part of some of those are going to come out and be blow-away, probably. And some of those we'll probably decide, 'You know, that one we're going to stop.' And so, we kick around a lot of things internally. And we might start something and get down the road a little bit, and have a different idea.
    Since they're just ideas at this point in time, Apple reserves the right to choose to continue one of their ideas if it seems like a good one, or just completely stop working on it if it seems like it'll be a flop. Either way, Cook notes that they're always throwing ideas around and these ideas sometimes lead to even more ideas.

Not only is it good to hear that Apple is always trying to innovate on new products, but it's also interesting to hear that the rumor mill apparently has no idea what Apple is working on. But now that Cook has revealed that they're working on non-rumored products, the news is sure to spark some inspiration for analysts to predict and speculate.

What do you think Apple could be working on? Share in the comments!

Sources: iMore

Yes Tim Cook...we will ALL be "blow-away"...

Mark my words...Apple Glasses are next on the agenda...coming 2025...

"Apple is Working on Things That Haven't Yet Been Rumored About"
    Thats because Samsung haven't released it yet so Apple dont know where to start the copy.

Quote Originally Posted by a95970 View Post
    Thats because Samsung haven't released it yet so Apple dont know where to start the copy.
    If you honestly believe that you are just as much a Samsung 'Fanboy', 'Sheep' as you blame Apple follows of being. If you believe Apple has truly copied Samsung then you have to be honest and say Samsung has copied just as much. This is the only industry where fans are so far delusions at accusing everyone if copying. No one person or company comes up with every new idea and technology all alone and no one else thinks of it. There are many great minds and ideas. Everyone needs to get over themselves and their phones, cause at the end of the day they are all just computer phones, enjoy your phone and enjoy life.

+1 Sorry(NotSorry)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple's the one that does the copying...riiiight.
    You do know the history of touchscreen smart phones, and personal computers in general don't you? Of course you don't.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
    Yes Tim Cook...we will ALL be "blow-away"...

Mark my words...Apple Glasses are next on the agenda...coming 2025...
    Hey look who dropped in? Twittle Dee and Twittle Dumb! LMAO

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2014-09-13)

Oh please, Apple, Samsung, Google, MS: they all steal most of their ideas from small time third party devs.

Let me guess: Apple Bike, Apple Glass, Apple Alarm, Apple Camera, Apple "Segway-like", Apple wheelchair, Apple Personal Drone, Apple door lock.
    Just a guess, dont start hateful replies please :-)

Like a 5.1" iPhone6S+

Default Rumors
    Wow!!! Seriously u just didn't say that hahaha..... To me I think u got that the other way around and for one iPhones are the best smartphone in the market since day one and I'm sure Samsuk (at least that's what I call them) is noway near Apple products. I love Apple products and have been with Apple since day 1 it is amazing how IOS Operating System is to use.....

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio6 View Post
    Let me guess: Apple Bike, Apple Glass, Apple Alarm, Apple Camera, Apple "Segway-like", Apple wheelchair, Apple Personal Drone, Apple door lock.
    Apple Glass was my guess, too. I like your Apple Lock idea (door locks, bike locks, whatever). It would be simple to do with the the NFC tech and fingerprint scanner.

I kinda want Apple to buy Avagant and miniaturize the Glyph.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-09-14 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrx7 View Post
    Like a 5.1" iPhone6S+
    That's the Samsung "innovation" model, but it's too aggressive. They only grow their screens about 0.1" with every new generation, or 0.2" if sales are really slumping and they want to toss in some extra innovation.

More like: Samsung is waiting for an apple rumour to start (eg: Glasses, watch) & rush out a crappy product so they can say apple copied them

all of them are copying my great ideas, so shutup😱🙀🙉

Hope they make something that will make Tim Cook swap places with Steve Jobs for Apple's sake!

Really hate what Apple did with the the Macbook Pro 15" (with discreet GPUs) lineup post 2011-2012... no non-retina, no RAM options, soldered RAM, no secondary HDD option, no user-replaceable battery... the f***ing battery replacement will cost you 199$ in which case, even the working parts (mobo/ram) of your MBP get replaced (late 2013 model). Even iFixit doesn't sell parts for the 2013 model.

Once 1+2 years of AppleCare+ are up... you're pretty much f***ed! And I'm quite sure many like to keep using their MBPs for at least 4 years... maybe even 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That must be why Droid has been trying to copy iOS - and FAILING, since the first "g-phones" came out, which at that time were almost exact copies of the outside of the first gen iPhone. On the outside, droids look like iPhones, but on the inside is a massively inferior file system. Go back to cult of droid, fanboy sect.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

A bigger AppleTV

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio6 View Post
    :-)

Thanks

Natural step considering many that leaves Apple seems to invent something new. Look at Nest for example. Took something that we have had for years and made it 1000 times better. I am thinking that is exactly what Apple has up its sleeve. Taking an existing technology and improving it beyond our belief..i'll be waiting front row :]