Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: U2’s Album ‘Songs of Innocence’ Giveaway Lands 2 Million Downloads

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default U2’s Album ‘Songs of Innocence’ Giveaway Lands 2 Million Downloads

As everyone already knows, after Apple finished their product announcements at Tuesday’s event, they offered everyone U2’s upcoming album for free via iTunes. According to Re/code, the giveaway landed 2 million downloads and it’s been four days. Although numbers were given, it’s still unclear whether the download included Macs, iPads, or other iOS devices. It was reported that there are approximately 500 million users on iTunes and have access to the free album.

Other recent reports claimed that Apple promised the rock group $100 million in marketing campaigns and also paid the group and label an undisclosed royalty amount. The album will be available for free on iTunes, Beats Music, and iTunes Radio until October 13th. Rumors were also circulating the web that U2 will be working with Apple on other projects related to music.

Did you download the album yet? If so, what do you think of it? Let us know in the comment section below.

Source: Re/Code

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I got it right away as soon as they announced it.

Ye me to it was in my purchase iTunes cloud. But only 2 million or i have i got that wrong i thought it wood be a lot more.
    100 million for only 2M very expensive album for apple. Apple have more money than sence

is it me what is it with that iWatch so think about I'm sitting drinking Costa Coffee hear in the UK in the city and i have my iPhone 6 5.5
    screen and i have that silly watch on my wrist and i get a e mail on both devices, which one do you think I'm going to use ?

for me dress watch is the moto 360 for dress only its wireless charging not that silly magnet cable on the iWatch

Yep take it easy all

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Almost miss it..

deleted instantly