Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's New iCloud Storage Pricing Plans Go Live

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's New iCloud Storage Pricing Plans Go Live

After the unveiling of official pricing tiers for its iCloud storage plans, Apple recently took the new plans live. The new pricing offers users up to 1 TB of space for $20 per month. The new tiers which were outlined in a post on Apple’s website range anywhere from 5 GB to 1 TB of online storage space and can be purchased now via the iCloud settings menu on any connected iOS device.

As mentioned in the past, Apple is bringing over the free 5 GB tier which will end up joining 20 GB options for 99 cents a month, 200 GB for $3.99 per month, 500 GB for $9.99 and 1 TB for $19.99 per month. For those of you who didn’t already know, the new iCloud storage options were originally announced at WWDC in June but the pricing wasn’t final until the recent announcement.

The iCloud storage tiers which Apple recently introduced are aligned with the upcoming iCloud Drive cross-platform file storage and sharing service which is set to go live at the launch of OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Much like competitors such as Dropbox and Google, Apple’s iCloud Drive will allow users to both store and sync data across Mac, iOS and Windows devices with added support for additional features such as document editing and tagging.

Will you be utilizing iCloud Drive once it’s been made available?

Source: Apple via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

It's nice, but I see no reason to switch over to it from my 1TB for $9.99/month with Dropbox.

Quote Originally Posted by wardever View Post
    It's nice, but I see no reason to switch over to it from my 1TB for $9.99/month with Dropbox.
    I think convenience of being able to easily restore you phone or ipad(s) via icloud is the key for me. Thank god they've reduced the prices, they were a bit of a joke previously - I mean 25gig for $40 a year, seriously..

Thanks

These prices are actually pretty reasonable...

I might even get the 20G as its a great price at $12 a year (and its not even that it's 11.88)