Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Watch Will Be Compatible With iPhone 5 and Later

Default Apple Watch Will Be Compatible With iPhone 5 and Later

On Tuesday, at Apple's special event, Apple unveiled a new product called Apple Watch. It's a companion device for your iPhone that can work with your smartphone for a seamless notification and application experience.

You may be wondering what devices the Apple Watch will be compatible with, and Apple has just answered that question in their keynote. The iPhone 5 and later will be able to work with the Apple Watch. Unfortunately, the iPhone 4s, which will be supported by iOS 8, is not included in the list of supported devices for the Apple Watch, which are:

• iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPhone 6
    • iPhone 6 Plus

Using the Apple Watch, you will be able to use the device integration to read notifications on your Apple Watch and respond to them on your iPhone. You can also use the Apple Watch to send simple, predictive replies, and even animated Emojis if you're too lazy to pull your iPhone out of your pocket.

The Apple Watch will be available to the public starting early next year starting at $349.

What a disgusting interface on that watch... way too much going on.

lovely

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    What a disgusting interface on that watch... way too much going on.
    Indeed. Getting rid of labels is a compromise for cramming a phone/tablet UI on a wrist, which is exactly what he said they weren't going to do (I facepalmed when I saw it). Seeing them dynamically resize, all I could think of was Windows 8's live tiles in the Metro/Modern UI except that their size is determined by their proximity to the center.